SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why did it please God to crush his son?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Why did it please God to crush his son?

Isaiah 53:10

Does this mean he delights in our suffering? I'm not quite sure what the Father was feelings at the time.

2010/4/27 10:05Profile

Re: Why did it please God to crush his son?

'I'm not quite sure what the Father was feelings at the time.'

I don't think we appreciate how seriously we fall short of the glory of God. It's not just a figure of speech. God's justice demands that we die. Once we get our heads round that, the meaning of 'for the joy that was set before Him' and 'despising the shame', begin to come into focus.

It pleased God, because potentially, it brought MANY sons to glory.

Also, I've been meditating recently on the fact that God didn't just fold creation up and start again, after the Fall. Why? Because He had already committed Himself to His creation, most especially in making man in His own image. He knew He knew how to fix us, or, that is, to fix those of us who would yield to His most tender ministrations.

Psalms 7:13 Yes - it's a mystery, but a glorious one!

2010/4/27 10:22
dougr777

Re:

I remember open air preaching on this very topic a few years ago.

The preaching of the Cross is foolishness to those who are persishing.

A young teen who was listening to me preach could not understand why a Father would inflict such punishment like a cruficixion on his own Son (Jesus) just so that others could live...

As a father of 7 children... I can't even begin to connect the Love that God our Father had for the lost who are persishing who have turned to the filth of sin and will end up in hell. I can't imaging watching my own son suffer under the crushing pain and suffering of the cross just so mankind would be saved.

There is an independing film, Most The Movie that uses film to communicate this very same message on screen. Google it and just watch the trailer.

2010/4/27 10:31Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Why did it please God to crush his son?

The Father was pleased that His Son was
ready and willing to yield His life as
an offering to atone for sin. The Father
was pleased with His Son's righteousness
and His obedience. The Father was pleased
that mercy had triumphed over judgment!!

2010/4/27 10:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy