SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : At the Root of Your Destiny Are Your Thoughts

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

At the Root of Your Destiny Are Your Thoughts

At the Root of Your Destiny Are Your Thoughts
9/27/2002

Watch your thoughts,

For they become your words.

Watch your words,

For they become your actions.

Watch your actions,

For they become your habits.

Watch your habits,

For they become your character.

Watch your character,

For it becomes your destiny.

I do not know who the author is that wrote this but it was shared with me and I thought it worth passing along. I was thinking this is why we are instructed to take every thought captive unto Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

God bless
mj

2010/4/24 0:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: At the Root of Your Destiny Are Your Thoughts

Jesus says something similar: The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart. Luke 6:45 (NASB)

What is in the heart is what comes out of the mouth which is an indicator of the condition of the heart. When people justify their bad actions by saying "but I am not like that in my heart..." Jesus says otherwise, does he not?

Thanks for posting this, MaryJane - think I will save it and use it in our church bulletin sometime.

ginnyrose

2010/4/24 10:28Profile
Richard365

USA

Re:

This is one of those truths that set you free. I never understood this till 3 years ago...and now my spirit is sensitive and through grace I've been getting better at holding my thoughts captive to Christ. Out of the heart the mouth speaks...amazing stuff. I look back at my past and am reminded of the dark and disturbing thoughts I used to entertain...it hurts my heart to even think back on that.

2010/4/25 5:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy