SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Status Quo

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

The Status Quo

The Status Quo

“Someone, somewhere, decided upon a monumentally debilitating and eventually fatal life and religion maxim: ‘Whatever the most people do’ is the standard by which everything else is judged. Very seldom are the issues of life truly weighed in the balances of the Word of God. You see it in what is ‘acceptable’ in clothing, haircuts, speech patterns, what ‘church’ is, how we should raise are children, and a thousand other topics. Instead of making our decisions based on the Word of God, we are often hypnotized into conformity by fear of men…or laziness. Most will spend their short lives simply parroting the world way’s, and heap a wee bit of out-of-context scripture on top of men’s ‘wisdom’ and traditions in a vain attempt to sanctify the status quo.”

this was shared with me recently and I found it to be very thought provoking. It has been on my mind since I read it, I was thinking about how often in my own life and walk I do this. I follow traditions and seek out the opinions of men to determine what is acceptable instead of reading the Bible and simply obeying the Lord

God Bless
mj

2010/4/22 21:42Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: The Status Quo

I find it quite interesting that the greatest moves of God were challenging the status quo. In our easy, prosperous, get all you can in this life gospel we have seen many challenge the status quo of this gospel to perserve the true gospel. The road ahead for the small remnant that will stay true to God will have a rough road ahead though its going to be rough May the Lamb recieve His reward!

Thanks for sharing this it was very thought provoking and true.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/22 21:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy