PosterThread
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Dear TOM;
The only way we are going to make it through
adversities, hardships, trials to come is to
build up one another, encourage one another,
help one another, strengthen one another!!

2010/4/25 15:25Profile

Re: War and Peace.

Of course I agree with you Sojourner, but it is ONE of the ways we overcome. We must also be our brothers keeper, if we really love Him, to assure that they are built up in the faith of the apostles, not a counterfeit or watered down version;.....this means protecting and feeding.

.....by sojourner7
Dear TOM;
The only way we are going to make it through
adversities, hardships, trials to come is to
build up one another, encourage one another,
help one another, strengthen one another!"

This is laying our lives down for one another , and if we do not do this, we do not know Him!

Revelation 12:4
And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.

Revelation 12: 10-11
And war broke out in heaven.....“Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death."

So we see that the war in Heaven transplanted on Earth. War and revival go hand in hand.

This faith is intensely personal. You cannot appropriate the blood of the Lamb for another. It must be counted with OUR faith, in our hearts, and it is our Word of OUR testimony, and it is certainly our lives that we must not love, and deny..[ "pick up your cross!"].

Sometimes laying our lives down for our brother will involve disagreement and confrontation; that all. It is certainly to be done in love.

2010/4/25 17:35
hoohoou

Texas

Re: SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

I've been thinking of this for a while myself. I have noticed more of an air of religiosity and a spirit of anger and pride of late. Instead of the conversation going like this, "Well I believe this way because of A,B & C", it sounds more like "You're wrong, and I wonder if you're really a christian".

I read something the other day that said we can see God's personality, what it is that He delights in, in creation. I think we often forget that God's wisdom is multi-faceted. We have quirks and strange ways of processing information because God likes that. We all see things differently, due to life experience, spiritual maturity, and a myriad of different reasons. I think what we soon forget as Christians is that love doesn't mean we have to point out every flaw in an argument and split hairs because we are "concerned" for someones soul. No, we do that because we're mean. As was stated earlier, we have as much time to pray and reason our response as we need so that we are not being hateful or overly zealous.

Love...It means so much more than just speaking plainly to people. It means that you also like them. My wife recently lost her grandmother, "Gram". It was a tragically beautiful time for the family. We all hated to see Gram go see Jesus, but we all knew it was time. What was fascinating to watch were the relationships that are typically strained becoming loving again. Wayward family members came back, and there was repentance and forgiveness. It was beautiful. So many reassuring hugs, pats on the back, encouraging words, and just general kindness. I've been thinking of this in light of the above thoughts on God's personality and how He designed us. It took a death for us to realize some in the family are just quirky.

I'm sure most have been through similar circumstances. A tragedy begets union. "And they were all together in one accord". We as Christians have all had a death in the family. We all serve the same Jesus who sacrificed Himself so that we might have life. Those days of "whatever you need" after a funeral are what the early church lived, because Jesus sacrificed His body for them. Well, His body is gone but the Holy Spirit is with us empowering us with love. And love also means to "like". Just my thoughts.

2010/4/25 22:27Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Quote:
We as Christians have all had a death in the family. We all serve the same Jesus who sacrificed Himself so that we might have life. Those days of "whatever you need" after a funeral are what the early church lived, because Jesus sacrificed His body for them.

WOW!!! Amen. What a thought hoohoou! I often pray that the Lord would bring his church back to that newness of life, or raise up a remnant with the same newness, the same fresh wine as the early church...Lord help us please.

2010/4/25 23:59Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

I hope this is considered encouraging, for it spoke to me.

Luke 1v35, '...the Holy Spirit will come upon you...'

The Holy Spirit came upon Mary, and she conceived and gave birth to Christ.

If only the Holy Spirit were at work in us, we would give birth to souls.

Isn't that what God desires?

Just something to ponder.

2010/4/26 7:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

One must be ever so careful lest we become like the people the prophet speaks of in Isaiah 30:10:
"Who say to the seers, "You must not see visions"; And to the prophets, "You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions." NASB

KJV: "Which say to the seers, See not;and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:"

I find this mentality absolutely scary.

ginnyrose

2010/4/26 7:55Profile

Re:

Isaiah 30:10 After a while of hearing judgments, doom and gloom, one would like to hear a good word. When Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel would come into a town, I can just a imagine people trembling in the streets. Someone is running to tell the king that the prophet had come. I can almost hear their words saying, "What now, more words of destruction upon our land". "Why do we put up with this guy?". "I can't bear to hear another message of doom", "I hope he has something good to say".

In this day and age of "The End", we hear so much of this. And yes, it can be deafening, but after years of hearing this, and having run through a troop and hitting the wall (still trying to leap) and bad luck on everything I put my hand to, and multiple sighs, I would still prefer to hear the truth even if it's bad news.

2010/4/26 10:08
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I would still prefer to hear the truth even if it's bad news.

AMEN! and AMEN!

The untruth will eventually put you in a much greater bind then truth does which liberates if one allows it to do its work. And therein lies the rub: pride will prevent one from humbling him/herself to submit to a greater authority then him/herself.

ginnyrose

2010/4/26 22:58Profile

Re: Learning Patience .

"In our discussions on the forums and our posts;
are we building up one another in the most holy
faith; are we encouraging one another with hope
as the Day of the LORD approaches; are we
speaking the truth with grace and in love??

IF NOT, THEN WHY NOT ??"...THREAD TOPIC..

"Something to consider"

Matthew 10:34-39
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’;

36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’

37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."..Jesus of Nazareth

If we are speaking the truth in love, or submitting to the truth in love, there will ALWAYS be division, even in "our own house." Jesus went so far to say that that is the reason He came to EARTH, to "bring division". We see that loving the Truth is the issue, and intrinsically tied into the nature of Agape Love.

As I see it, we are all, who are serious about obtaining salvation, are in the process of working it out' learning to love Truth; Jesus first and our family. We are all in the process.

"The untruth will eventually put you in a much greater bind than truth does which liberates if one allows it to do its work." GINNYROSE

This is the nature of Godly patience, ENDURANCE.

When our ideas are challenged, do we become angry? Even if we do, it doesn't mean that you must become angry back. A lot of patience is required to love. Anyone have kids? Teenagers?

We try. We want to be edifying, but if conflict arises for truth's sake, how far to we take it? When to we say uncle, and move on? That has been my problem a lot.

How serious do we take ourselves? Should we take a BIG God seriously, and count ourselves as possibly a little lower? Again, I face my own pride often that demands that I take up my own rights because after all, I'm just right!

"And he who does not take up his cross...[ DEATH ] and follow after Me, "Is not worthy of ME!"

Learning how to love; [failing much..]Tom

2010/4/27 7:01

BrotherTom

May God bless you for that authentic confession, transparent and vunerable. Humble.

I am not unlike you, and the brother or sister, who writes such a penintent confession is not far behind us.

The division that Jesus came down from Heaven to bring is with us this very day, and as the Spirit testifies to me, this division is why we have so many denominations,,and it grieves me no end, because my spirit leaps for joy everytime i read John 17, the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus.

Would to God we all take that to heart...as my failings are too many to ennumerate.

I came onboard this morning before i did ANYTHING else today, because i had to (unexpectantly) write this post, and another that is in my heart.

May God give you the peace that transcends all understanding today, may Jesus fill you with His Love TODAY, may he make your soul a large mustard plant, that small seed of Faith, that Gift, imperishable, forever and in Jesus' love, neil

2010/4/27 7:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy