SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

In our discussions on the forums and our posts;
are we building up one another in the most holy
faith; are we encouraging one another with hope
as the Day of the LORD approaches; are we
speaking the truth with grace and in love??

IF NOT, THEN WHY NOT ??

2010/4/21 13:59Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

It's hard not to notice the tone of what is taking place.

We need to pray, and change.

2010/4/21 14:17Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
It's hard not to notice the tone of what is taking place. We need to pray, and change.

_________

I am always for prayer and growing in the Lord.

in Him
ellie

2010/4/21 14:42Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re:

Praise God!
He is coming back soon, so lets be prepared for our soon coming king.
Let's anxiously prepare ourselves like a bride in waiting, for her groom to come take her like a thief in the night.
So if the spirit of God is telling any of us that we are not ready, please let's make ready, fill our lamps with oil, lets make sure we have on our wedding garment.
Let's make sure we are cloathed in His garments and adorned with His jewels.
Let's humble ourselves before the Lord and seek his will for our lives and ministry for the sake of His kingdom.
Pray for our family's, our neighbors, and coworkers.
God bless you guys on this forum, your such a blessing and an encouragement to all of us.
I know when im hurting im not as upbeat as I should be, but praise God he is the victor and our hope.
God bless.

2010/4/21 15:05Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hi poet

Thanks for such an encouraging and timely reminder to be about His Kingdom.

I like this quote from a teaching I read a long time ago:

"We help each other to know Jesus better by helping each other put away sin, love one another more, and care for others’ needs more than we care for our own. These are the teachings of Jesus. This is how He lived His life for us, and now He has called us to live this way for one another. This is how the Bride is made ready for the return of her Groom, Jesus."

much love to you all here
in Him
ellie

2010/4/21 15:44Profile

Quote:
In our discussions on the forums and our posts; are we building up one another in the most holy faith; are we encouraging one another with hope as the Day of the LORD approaches; are we speaking the truth with grace and in love??

All good and valid questions.

If we had any of and all of the above working in us, we wouldn't be praying for revival, we'd be living it. Therefore, if while we are not doing some or all of these, we can be sure that we are very much asleep and it is high time we awake.

We have the power to wake up, but it's easy to chat and text then it is to stir up the soul and spirit. Thus because we do not put on the mind of Christ, we have spiritually worded postings that are very carnal. The carnal mind is a mind that thinks it's spiritual, it really believes it knows the mind of God but is so far from God that it is an enemy. We have thousands of people in the Churches that have this mind. It really believes that it's walking in the knowledge of God, but has not the mind of Christ. And we ourselves can be like this, thus we have these postings that appear to be spiritual, but in reality is tearing down instead of building up.

2010/4/21 16:45
Goldminer

Alabama

This is a very good question. Why not?

It would seem that for some debate is their intertainment. They like nothing better than a free-for-all. Is that not vain disputings?

If it doesn't bring peace, life and love why do we do it?

It would seem some argue until the cows come in and still have their own opinions unchanged, trouble is, they have not brought life and encouragemant to each other. That is sad. It isn't love.

Good question!

2010/4/21 22:52Profile
Charles_R

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
If we had any of and all of the above working in us, we wouldn't be praying for revival, we'd be living it. Therefore, if while we are not doing some or all of these, we can be sure that we are very much asleep and it is high time we awake. We have the power to wake up, but it's easy to chat and text then it is to stir up the soul and spirit. Thus because we do not put on the mind of Christ, we have spiritually worded postings that are very carnal. The carnal mind is a mind that thinks it's spiritual, it really believes it knows the mind of God but is so far from God that it is an enemy. We have thousands of people in the Churches that have this mind. It really believes that it's walking in the knowledge of God, but has not the mind of Christ. And we ourselves can be like this, thus we have these postings that appear to be spiritual, but in reality is tearing down instead of building up.

What can I say except that this is too true? Well, brothers, what should we do about these things?

2010/4/24 21:12Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Quote:
What can I say except that this is too true? Well, brothers, what should we do about these things?

If we cannot grow in humility toward one another on a forum where you have total control over your tongue because you have as long as you need to think over what you are saying, then it stands to reason that when we do not have the time to think carefully about what we are saying that we cannot express ourselves through humility in reality. Philippians chapter 2 is essential for how we interact.

This is a great word Sojourner. I pray I can apply it. And pray we all can as well.

I for one am greatly appreciative for a place where I at least know there are a lot of believers whom seem to take the Lord seriously and not as if he is a game. Even though there are a lot of threads I purposely stay out of because of the arguing, it is totally worth having a place to interact with others longing for revival, but it is worth remembering what the intention of this website is, which certainly does not seem to be a doctrinal think tank.

Amen to what snuffalupagus said as well. We so need the mind of Christ. What a thing to pray for, long for, apprehend in reality.

2010/4/24 23:46Profile

Re: a lifetime of revival...and another...and another

I might say that there is nothing more passionate prejudiced, bigoted and opinionated than the discussion of religion. It is after all, the most important, at least to get it right, in the forever and forever part of the book. Burn, or rejoice in Paradise....

Yes, this is a Revival site, and I am most grateful for SI, and for Greg for creating it, pastoring it, and the moderator's skills and patience. Yet, let us remember that revival is not a temporary experience, at least in the intent of God. It is the impartation of His nature to men; holiness.

Revival takes it's intentions in the LIFETIME of the people exposed to it.

Matthew 13:21-22 (New King James Version)

21.......... yet he has no root in himself, but ENDURES only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.

22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

and: Matthew 24:12-14 (New King James Version)

12. "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

13 But he who ENDURES to the END shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

Also let us consider that REVIVAL was booming in the church from Pentecost on, and certainly everywhere that Paul the Apostle set his foot. There was also apostasy, backsliding, and deceivers devouring the church from day one; Revival, and disintegration hand in hand. This is the nature of the gospel. It is continual war; like a good gardener battling with the weeds...every day.

This is also the nature of much of the forums. Often there is passion in the working out of our theological faith, and it IS very important. Often we see revival in a light when everything will be OK, our worries behind us, and glory billows until Jesus returns.

When true revival comes, the war intensifies. The pressure increases; Satan is all the more enraged. He does not like to be dethroned, and he will fight tooth and nail as he sees it happening. He often will not expose himself head on, but will move to dilute it" to poison it with drops of error, rather than a flood of paganism.

No, revival is no where that I see, but I do see a LOT of people that want Jesus's heart, and magnify His Word above their own lives. Look at SI forums in that light. We must confront, in love, and that confrontation is just a necessary for the truth's sake, as more obvious edification and blessedness.

Tozer said something like this..[ you get the idea]

"The war that we fight is not about the gospel in itself. It is about the purity of the gospel."

Also everyone has a voice here; everyone. This is wonderful, but does that mean that everyone ministers or thinks with the unity of the Spirit, or expresses as truth the pure truth?..[ I don't, but try...=]...

We search for the mind of Christ, yes...but do we recall the dividing and confrontational mind of Christ, that He expressed to the Pharisees and the wicked!

That is why there IS holy doctrine. A revival only remains a revival if it is kept in HIS MIND; stewarded. It would not last one day, as a true holy apostolic revival without it.It is intended to last a lifetime, and another, and another following.

2010/4/25 9:29

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy