SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : RE:Deciding to leave my work to serve God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
itg3712

RE:Deciding to leave my work to serve God

Paul continued to work as a tentmaker and provided ministerial services at no charge. When he collected money, he collected it for others such as the poor saints in Jerusalem. Are you prepared to work in Christian ministry without making an income from it?

McDonald's and Chili's charge big fees and require significant contractual obligations before you can run one of their restaurants. Sadly, many treat Christian ministry as if Jesus were handing out free franchises and they operate a business and generate an income as if they themselves were no-obligation franchisees.

2010/4/21 7:03Profile
HeedWatchmen

Southeastern PA

Re:

The most important thing is to follow Christ no matter what it is that He is asking us to do. It is always important to consider the cost of following Him, but no matter what the cost we need to be ready to say "Yes, Lord."

2010/4/21 7:45Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Deciding to leave my work to serve God

I JUST WATCHED THE FRANCIS CHAN VIDEO WHERE HE IS LEAVING A VERY SECURE PLACE IN MINISTRY TO STEP OUT ON GOD'S WORD. WHAT A BLESSING TO KNOW THERE ARE STILL A FEW OUT THERE WHO ARE MOVED BY GOD RATHER THAN IMAGINED SECURITY.

THERE IS NO SECURITY OUTSIDE OF GOD'S WILL. BUT WHEN ONE STEPS OUT LIKE ABRAM DID, HE BECOMES ABRAHAM. IN THE CENTER OF GOD'S WILL IS PERFECT SECURITY. WE MIGHT NOT HAVE ALL THE DOODADS AND COMFORT WE ARE USED TO, BUT WE WILL HAVE HIM. HALLELUJAH....

2010/4/21 9:43Profile
gmwrick

Re: Francis Chan Video

Goldminer, do you have the link to that video?

2010/4/26 21:34Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Francis Chan video about leaving ministry:

http://www.catalystspace.com/catablog/full/francis_chan_is_stepping_out_in_faith/

In Him....

2010/4/26 21:56Profile
gmwrick

Re: Francis Chan Video

Thank you, it is a comfort to me to hear words that are very closely describing how I feel right now. Also saw video here on sermonindex- "Is This Church?", which sums up a lot of what I have been thinking about of late.The church he describes I can't find where I live and may be scarce likely to find anywhere. What I can do is whatever the Lord asks of me at any given time & I am so grateful for those opportunities to be of any service or to share what God has given me. Lately I just know God has been tugging at my heart, requiring a greater commitment, which I am overjoyed to give no matter what the cost.

2010/4/27 10:13Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

It was a big lift to hear of this for me as well. God has called me out in a similar way recently. When I told my pastor I was leaving and I didn't know where I was going his first words were God doesn't do that. He has since apologized and I hold no ill will, but the fact remains that those words caused a shaking within me. When someone you look up to tells you that, it makes you question what you've heard. Not necessarily doubt, but question. It's encouraging to know that God is doing this in others as well.

We've discussed the modern church and it's format many times on the forums and I think what we're seeing is God calling people out. Not to change a format but to hear from Him and trust in Him and speak of Him, and Him alone. May God be glorified in ALL that we say and do.

2010/4/27 10:23Profile
gmwrick

Re:

I am a rider/trainer and have a very promising dressage competition horse going that my family has made big sacrifices to get us up and running to compete. While we scrape from month to month, we also have a couple of rental houses and our own house we're paying on. We are established in a well known church. If I told anyone I would be willing to walk away from all of it they would say I was out of my mind. I am praying with my husband for wisdom and guidance from God in all of this. To serve in even the simplest way at my church, you must go through a federal screening process and endless classes- in the world today, Jesus and his disciples would be cited for feeding the five-thousand with out a food service permit and insurance. Ridiculous. I believe God's word wholly and am seeing how much we have allowed the world to contaminate what is truly a radical life, this life that we as christians are called to. It is raising the bar for us modern believers to serve as those disciples did, fully and without reservation- to give all.

2010/4/27 10:50Profile
gmwrick

Re:

Quote from Kieth Green:

Let's all repent of the idolatry in our hearts and our desires for a comfortable, rewarding life when, really, the Bible tells us we are just passing through as strangers and pilgrims in this world (Hebrews 11:13), for our reward is in heaven. Let's not forget that our due service to the Lord is "... not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake"(Phil. 1:29).

Wow.

2010/4/27 12:08Profile

Re:

Most believers never enter the ministry because they have never been called there, but rather they have been called to be a light where they have been stationed.

It's a bold thing to step out by faith when God is urging you to fulfill your destiny, but not everyone is called to do that. Some are told to stay at their place of work, others are told to leave the Church they are attending, while very few are told to leave work and family altogether to be alone with God absolutely.

Everyone's role in this walk is different. Not everyone can be a John the Baptist or an Elijah feeding off wild honey and locust.

Luke 12:48 ......... unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Every man's faith is different. Some can walk away from everything while others cannot. It's a folly to dream of being something your not and leave your family only to find out that God never instructed you to leave.

Someone might say, "Well, Gods word says for us to leave all".

That same word says to cut your hand off if your hand offends.

We must hear from the Rhema, the living God who speaks to us from His Holy Spirit that is within us to make that word come alive else, we will only be trying to live by a dead letter. God is not a dead letter, He is alive in Heaven in us His Kingdom. Who speaks every day giving to man His daily bread, what He ought to live by. We live by that daily bread, that which is proceeding out of His mouth. And what He speaks will confirm His written word, for what He speaks and the testimony that was written by Holy men of old as they were moved by the Holy Ghost will He confirm in us.

2010/4/27 21:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy