SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Communion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Communion

Does anyone have any good resources on communion? I am looking just for some information on it just to really grasp the importance of this act in the New Testament Church.

I am wanting to start a Home Church and want to start it off on the right foot and noticed that Communion was greatly valued to the New Testament Church.

Anyways any resources will do Articles, Sermons, books, etc.

Thanks and God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/20 6:38Profile

Re: Communion

At the onset of the church, it was a daily activity, as part of the meal shared with other believers

There is much more to it than most realize, and without a proper understanding of covenant: to sever to unite, as well as what the ratification of the Old (Will and)Testament in the New (Will and) Testament, it degrades into a procedure of just something to do because it is what this 'religion' does, a symbolic token ritual, even giving it a sympathetic magickal value, akin to the osirian mysteries of Egypt.

There is little time here to deal with the issue presently. In fact, pressed for time seems to be a big deal for most around here of late.

It may be an ongoing piecemeal help; but, we'll try to assist in whatever way possible: a bit here and a bit there, adding truth upon truth until you have a better picture than what you know already.

It is hoped that something might be added to what others write here.

There may be threads on this topic already.

Most True Christians do not even understand the purpose of His body, represented in the (unleavened) bread, nor the full implications of His blood for that matter.

It is something that one grows into through life experience so that a believer remembers Jesus as He desires.

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/4/20 8:08
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

My recommendation for communion (The Lord's Supper): just do it :-)

2010/4/20 8:11Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Was the 'breaking' of bread and the 'drinking' of wine symbolism to say I accept my body to be broken as the bread is broken and my blood poured out like the wine is poured out for the gospel? Is there that implication with Communion? To accept the cup that Christ drank in referance to Matthew 20:22-23 " You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said to them. "Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?"
"We can," they answered.
"Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father."

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/20 8:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy