SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : THE LAW

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sscr01

THE LAW

"THE LAW OF THE LORD IS PERFECT, CONVERTING THE SOUL: the testimony of the is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than the honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is Thy servant warned: and in keeping of them, there is great reward." Ps 19:7-11.

In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used interchangeably with, "law," "commandments," "judgments," "precepts," "statutes," "testimonies." (Courtesy of Dr. R. C. Sproul)

GOD'S WORD IS HIS LAW.

The Old Testament version of being born again:

"A NEW HEART also will I give you, and A NEW SPIRIT will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27. When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered to obey His Word/His law.

"O how I love Thy law! It is my meditation all the day. Thou through Thy commandments have made me wiser than my enemies: for they are ever with me." Ps 119:97,98.

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and Thy law is truth." Ps 119:142.

"Great peace have they which love Thy law: and nothing shall offend them." Ps 119:165.

My son, keep My words, and lay up the commandments with thee. KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS AND LIVE; and My law as the apple of thine eye."Pro 7:1,2.

"Where there is no vision the people perish: but he that keepeth the law happy is he." Pro 29:18.

"Therefore as the fire devoured the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: BECAUSE THEY HAVE CAST AWAY THE LAW OF THE LORD OF HOSTS, AND DESPISED THE WORD OF THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL." Isa 5:24.

"I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be My people." Jer 31:33.

"The law of truth was in His mouth, and iniquity (lawlessness) was not found in His lips: He walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from their iniquity." (lawlessness) Mal 2:6.

When Jesus gave us the Two Greatest Commandments, He was quoting the law:

"Then one of them which was a lawyer, asked Him a question, tempting Him, and saying, Master which is the great commandment IN THE LAW? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy mind and with all thy strength. This is the first and great commandment.(Deut 6:5) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:35-40.

"The Apostle Paul wrote, "For as many as have sinned without law, shall also perish without law: AND AS MANY AS HAVE SINNED IN THE LAW SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED." Rom 2:12,13.

"DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID:YEA, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW." Rom 3:31.

"Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just and good...For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal sold under sin...If then I do that which I would not, I consent that the law is good...For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity which is my members...I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Rom 7:12-27.

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law and offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For He that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, THOU ART BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW." Ja 2:10,11.

"Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of good conscience, and of faith unfeigned...Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm." 1 Tim 1:5-7.

"BLESSED ARE THEY THAT DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, THAT THEY MAY HAVE RIGHT TO THE TREE OF LIFE, AND MAY ENTER IN THROUGH THE GATES INTO THE CITY." Rev 22:14.

2010/4/19 16:43Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: THE LAW

The Law of GOD is the overruling principle
that is to direct our thoughts, guide our
actions, and govern our ways !!

2010/4/19 17:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy