SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greeting from UK

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Firetime

Greeting from UK

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ
As soon as I came across thiis site I sensed it was unique and important. I live in the UK and was converted in 1987. Since then I have had a heart desire to see revival fire touch this world, not because its a nice idea, but because its essential. Christianity without a fire anointing is a form of Godliness-which denies the power of God. The first church was birthed in fire. But I have seen the Church messed up this way and that with the dollar gospel, the personal prophetic, secular control of the church, church as an entertainment complex, church as a political platform, run by jezebel charlatans, chancers and hucksters, riven with petty doctrinal squabbles, envy, rivalry, jealousy, ambition, greed. I have seen the church reduced to being a brand image to market merchandise, watering down and toning down the preaching to the point where it has become irelevant. When I was saved I was soon baptised with the Holy Spirit. But I want more, even though many want nothing to do with it. I read sermons of McCheyne, Burns, Whitfield. Watched videos of Reinhard Bonnke. Thought why is it thse days hell is a no no dirty word, why has pentecost become a dirty word. More like pentecosy. I wonder, where are the men of fire, the burning men, the pentecostal pioneers. We need fire, consuming fire.Fire that burns everything which isnt meant to be there, everything which doesnt glorify Jesus....

2010/4/17 3:34Profile

Re: Greeting from UK

Hello Firetime! Welcome.

I'm glad your here, and am sure you will be an asset to the forums, as well as blessed by the wealth of the preached and written Word here.

I like the word about fire. I know that my own heart often has grown cold, and I need a rekindling back to the white-hot burnings of my first Love.

My advice is to stay humble and compassionate, avoid crusades, and be yourself...without any airs. I need your zeal, and refreshing perspective;
and try to stay in the center of the fire, where the Lamb dwells.
Your brother; Tom.

2010/4/17 3:46
Firetime

Re:

Amen to that Brother! I say that with sincerity, not being religious....! And thank you for your kind welcome!
Of late I have been in some places where the fire of God was moving and igniting and burning, the real thing. Hearing the message of the cross and the blood like never before...(I've seen and heard plenty of the fake and the counterfiet) Let me tell you it isnt easy, its not nice, it hurts, oh it hurts. Some folks simply dont like it, and that hurts too....But there is also great joy. It takes time and it takes commitment, there is a huge, huge price attached. But it is essentially vital, and I personaly came to an impasse where there is no other way to go. Because He wants to remove everything which isnt of Him.
In Christ, Jonathan

2010/4/17 4:08Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Greetings from Hemel Hempstead, you will find this site a goldmine!
Dom

2010/4/17 4:43Profile
Firetime

Re:

Thanks Dom! What is God doing in Hertfordshire at the moment?
Not wanting to denigrate the resources this wonderful site has to offer and share.... but I'll tell you what is a gold mine. When the spirit of God is working in a gathering of human people, and everyone is focussed and waiting, letting go of familiar routines and quitting being religious. It takes time, no clock watching. People are starting to burn up as wave upon wave of God's holy glory impact the assembly, letting God destroy bad things in their lives, things they had put up with for years and couldnt conquer. People begin to die to themelves again. And God renews vision and revelation, Jesus is glorified, people cry out to God in payer and worship, begin spontaneous intercession despite themselves. They cry out in grief and anguished brokenness. People are getting saved, they get a vision of what God expects of them. Church begins to appear as the most important thing we can be attached to, nothing else matters....

2010/4/17 5:12Profile

Re:

Welcome Firetime. Great to see a Brit here :) I am from Scotland but living in Kansas. Its a pity your just finding this site. We had a revival conference in Scotland two years ago and last year in Wales. Anyway brother, be blessed in the name of Jesus.............Frank

2010/4/17 10:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy