SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Blindside

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Blindside

I no the popular movie of the last month for many christians was blindside with sandra bullock. I don't for everyone else for me but i really didn't like it and i think the true story is a great story and what the lady did was great but for me their was things that bothered me about that movie as a christian, i responded to a sister in the Lord on facebook who said how great it was and i had to disagreee with her for some of the language spoken in it and other things and most of all how they portray such a small portion of the families christian faith and their seriousness in other things in movie. I had so many people say i was wrong christians and judgemental because i saw things in the movie that were very sinful and offensive, i am wrong in thinking this have i gone crazy, am i the only one who realized this is not a christian movie though this is about a christian family in real life who did a great deed. Am i wrong?

2010/4/14 0:33
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Blindside

I don't think you were wrong in your conviction about the movie but I have found that if done in certian ways pointing out the flaws in a movie to people that really liked the movie generally produces offense. If you are basing your opinion off of what the bible says that is great but if I were you I wouldn't be surprised if someone calls you judgmental and wrong. My advise don't take the offense as they have. Something that I check is my heart as to if I am being judgmental or not.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/14 0:56Profile

Re:

i don't think my conviction was wrong but i do believe my heart reactions to these people on facebook was not with a spirit of grace but anger and even possibly hatred. I was wrong with my hearts intentions.

2010/4/14 1:12
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

No worries brother Repent and apologize, I have fallen into this same thing many times before. In my zeal for the truth, the truth comes off as critical and judgmental. We must be careful because zeal without wisedom is definitely to no benefit to anyone. We must also remember that the Pharisees were always quick to correct but slow to show mercy. Zac Poonen said something to the effect of There are two individuals before God now Satan The Accuser and Christ Jesus the Interceder. Satan is always looking for people to accuse while Christ is looking for people to intercede. :) We all have much growing to do and I am happy that we can grow together.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/14 1:22Profile
wind_blows

Re:

I will be praying for you.

As far as this movie goes I have not seen it. I will say though that I do believe that the Lord can use even a movie to speak to us if we have ears to hear and are listening. I don't advocate watching just any popular movie but there have been some that the Lord has used mightily in my own life and walk with HIM. Of course i watch these movies edited and that does make a difference. I think we do need to be careful in the way we share with others. Its fine to share what we see the Lord showing us but its never ok to try and force another person to agree with us.

Sometimes I know I get caught up in the argument and trying to prove my point instead of just sharing humbly with others and allowing the Holy Spirit to do the work.

Hang in there and do what Matt suggested repent for any anger, then if Father leads you apologize. Your not alone we all have been in a situation just like this at one time or another:)

in Him

2010/4/14 1:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy