SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : We ALL Need to Thank God for "The Restrainer" ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

We ALL Need to Thank God for "The Restrainer" ...

i just got finished listening to a site posted in brother Gregs, thread ...

Chuck Missler?
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3322&forum=34

... So i began to do some research on the subject because brother Missler alludes that "the restrainer" is holding back something so horrifying that the heathen of todays standards really won't be ready for it ... Something extremly wicked this way comes ...

THE RESTRAINER
http://www.lastdaysmystery.info/Power%20Point/The%20Restrainer/

i was always under the impression that "the restrainer" was the Holy Ghost ...But i've subsequently found that some believe him to be the rugged archangel Michael ... But that's not why i'm making this post ... After you read this scripture, i'll tell you why ...

2 Thess 2:1-9
1- Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2- not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.
3- Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4- who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5- Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
6- And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.
7- For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.
8- And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
9- The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders (NKJV)

The reason why i made this post is because no matter who "the restrainer" is, nobody in their right mind would want to be on this planet when satan, and all of his demon hordes are allowed as once was in the days of Noah, to run rampant ... That is what the Book of Revelation is all about, and as scary as it is in it's reading, will you allow the Holy Ghost to open your imagination to what it will be like in reality? ... Without the Holy Ghost's revival of us, Christ Church, to prick our conscienses to the fact that out lackadaisical attitude towards He, and His commision, are not only throwing countless souls in to hell right now at a reckless pace, but also that millions if not billions, one day will have to experience this world, without the present restraint of "the restrainer" ...

"God please help us to get past our current Harvey Milktoast type attitude and message, and replace it with the frightening truth of both hell, and hell on earth! ... Lord Jesus, thank you for saving us on this side of "the restrainer's" protection, and give us the zeal to make it known to the unsaved that hell is real if one dies without Christ, and that they really don't want to be on the remaining side of "the restrainer's" departure" ... Amen

2004/10/15 17:16Profile
Rahman

Re: We ALL Need to be thanking God for "The Restrainer" ...

All weekend long i gave much consideration concerning "The Restrainer" ...

i kept looking up into a beautiful deep blue sky, with those big white, puffy Cumulus clouds, and how peaceful they looked against the brilliance of the Fall foilage (i love creation!), and then i juxtaposed that beauty against being in traffic, amongst my fellow human beings, as we darted to and fro about our business, and i wondered to myself, "Lord, how many of these people know, think about, or even thank You that the reason why things aren't as bad as they will be right now, is because You have the devil, his fallen angels, and all the dark demonic forces in check" ... If only we Christians really, really understood, cared about, or for that matter even believed, the goings on in the spirit realm about us every second, we'd be a much more devout group to our King.

i thought to myself, if only for a short minute if God would but dissolve the barrier between the visible and invisible, so that we might see the intense warfare that goes on everyday, right beside us, between the forces of good and evil, we'd have an instant salvation and/or revival experiences for sure! ... Could you imagine if we could actually see satan roaming about as a roaring lion, with his hate filled eyes fixed directly on us? ... Could you imagine our being able to actually see menacing fallen angels who desire to sift us as wheat, being held back only by the grace of God, by the battlings of His angelic sons of light to our protection? ...

i also began to wonder if the reason behind the drastic increase of evil in the world, and in particular America, has to do anything with the gradual waning power of the Church of Christ? ... i wonder if the power of "The Restrainer" to hold back evil in this world is somehow affiliated with our ever dimming light and unsalting savor, after all we are supposed to be the "the Container of the Restrainer"? ... Could the formula be as long as the Church contains the Good, the Good restrains the evil? ...

i wonder?

2004/10/18 15:18Profile
Abide

Re:

This is so Good.

Quote:
Could you imagine if we could actually see satan roaming about as a roaring lion, with his hate filled eyes fixed directly on us? ... Could you imagine our being able to actually see

If you could, what would you do?

2004/10/18 17:44Profile
Rahman

Re:

Abide you wrote;

Quote:
"Could you imagine our being able to actually see ... If you could, what would you do"?

i can imagine it without seeing, but i know nothing can prepare any of us for when we finally see into the spirit realm literally ... i've read how many times the ancients fell to there knees in great fear and tremblimg when one of the holy angels appeared to them, they being so glorious in appearance that some fell prone to worship them, at which point they were quickly forbade by the angel ...

If i could see them literally i suppose i would most likely react the same as those men of old, except from scripture i'd know not to fall down and worship them ... But when it comes to satan i don't feel fear and trembling ... i feel anger ... But if i could actually see satan in his lions mode while still a mortal man, i'm sure i'd have to rely heavily on the Blood of Jesus, and the Power of the Holy Ghost, but i'd really like to be in such a strong position in Jesus for Him to give satan a real piece of His mind via my mouth! ...

Ahhhhhh, soon and very soon, we ALL will no longer see thru a glass darkly ...

Lord Jesus please bring us to our knees to Revival quickly, that we may get on about Your Harvest, that You may come again to crack the sky, with blaring trumpets, and the heavenly hosts, and all the saints afore us, that we may be caught up to you in the ether, and transported to that far country, our heavenly home, to see our God and Father in heaven ... Amen

Abide since it's obvious you have a heavenly imagination too ... You might find this interesting ...

"THE CALLED"
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2289&forum=41&8

2004/10/18 19:41Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: We ALL Need to Thank God for "The Restrainer" ...

ye search the scriptures thinking to find ever lasting life. yet he says they are they that tell of him. If we are following him why all the worry about who is doing what if we trully are on his path. walk in the light even as he walks in the light.

2004/10/18 19:47Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: We ALL Need to Thank God for "The Restrainer" ...

Those who see you stare at you,
they ponder your fate:
"Is this the man who shook the earth
and made kingdoms tremble,
17the man who made the world a desert,
who overthrew its cities
and would not let his captives go home?"
Isaiah 14:16,17

In relation to our risen saviour we will marvel at what he was able to achieve, with what he had.

Let this theology grip your heart. This is awesome stuff.

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order [b]that you may know the hope to which he has called you,[/b] the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, [b]19and his incomparably great power for us who believe.[/b] That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, [b]21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.[/b] 22And God placed [b]all things under his feet[/b] and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. Eph 1:15-23 :-D

Enjoy whats left of your day,

2004/10/18 23:07Profile
Abide

Re:

Amen, I agree and Thank You.

Quote:
Abide since it's obvious you have a heavenly imagination too...

Quote:
But if i could actually see satan in his lions mode while still a mortal man, i'm sure i'd have to rely heavily on the Blood of Jesus, and the Power of the Holy Ghost, but i'd really like to be in such a strong position in Jesus for Him to give satan a real piece of His mind via my mouth! ...

Isn't this what we do when we PRAY. Yes! it is, we give satan a piece of our mind, and we remind him of God's word, through prayer, and of our promises. Fulling understanding that we do not war against flesh and blood and that our weapons are mighty for the pulling down of STRONGHOLES, amen.

God Bless You, and keep on growing and flourishing and hungerying for more of him, and of his word, presence, and revelation knowledge.

For the more, we LEARN of him, his ways, and his attributes. I've learned that oh the more you hunger JUST TO BE CLOSE TO HIM, IS OUR DESIRE.

Gracias for the Link!

2004/10/19 10:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy