SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can somone like Jimmy Swaggart ever be more powerful than before?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
PosterThread

Re:

Ginnyrose writes.....

"Americans like their preachers to be celebs, like them to have lots of charisma and this sets these guys up for a fall, like Humpty-Dumpty.'

I agree with this statement, and of course there is lots of money involved in these ministries that support many people. To listen to people today, one would think you could not reach the world without TV or radio. Obviously the Lord used a very few people to spread the Gospel over most of the earth long before TV or radio.

Arguably, today, we have the weakest generation of Christians in 2000 years. With all of our mass communications and showmen preachers, we have devolved into the least effective generations of Christians since Christ walked the earth.

There is a way that seems right to men. The question is, will we follow men and their ways, or will we follow the Lord and His revealled will? Anytime we get away from the Word of God, nothing good ever comes of it........brother Frank

2010/4/21 9:33
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
There is a way that seems right to men. The question is, will we follow men and their ways, or will we follow the Lord and His revealled will? Anytime we get away from the Word of God, nothing good ever comes of it........brother Frank

I completely agree, been reading this thread and I agree with what you have shared here! Ginnyrose is right we do set up preachers to be celebs and we do the same with musicians too. Time for the church to see Jesus as the head and not any man:)

just my humble opinion any way:)

2010/4/21 11:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy