SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can somone like Jimmy Swaggart ever be more powerful than before?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Silo

Can somone like Jimmy Swaggart ever be more powerful than before?

What happens to someones power after backsliding and comes back to the Lord?

I'm thinking of a man like Jimmy Swaggert. After he fell, will his anointing ever be the same? Will he ever experience even greater power than before?

2010/4/8 13:22Profile
knitefall

Re: Can somone like Jimmy Swaggart ever be more powerful than before?

I can tell you, the Anointing is from God only. And the Lord has been using Brother Swaggart in very important ways. The days of the old glory are gone. Some people still linger and try to keep their faith in the man. But there are many many more that a lot of people know not of, that God has in the wings. Brother Jimmy preaches the Bible better than he did before since God has made him right. Now, Brother Swaggart's Message is lined up greatly to the Heart of God. In that, we get Salvation, Sanctification and ultimately we'll be Glorified, not by our own merit or will power but by simple Faith in the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ- as Brother Jimmy has found out. But it's all in the simple keeping of our Faith in the Cross of Jesus for all our needs. Everything was met at Calvary. This is the answer for the sin problem and our source of Victory. He preaches nothing at all of human effort. However, many other preachers do today - saying that we are good people and they speak just short of "God owes us." Brother Swaggart's message is clear and simple. Just like the many that are on the platform with him, they know that "Christ is the source and the Cross is the means."

Excellent question.

Visit JSM.org and tune into the live broadcasting. Stay Blessed!

2010/4/8 13:30Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Did the greatest days of Peter's ministry happen before or after he denied the Lord three times? Grace is always greater than our sin.

2010/4/8 13:32Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Zechariah 1:3

2010/4/8 14:09Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

The man may be renewed and restored in his
relationship and walk with the LORD; but
as far as preaching the gospel, he is
disqualified [see 1 Corinthians 9: 26-27]

2010/4/8 14:33Profile

Can God remove a man's sins as far as the East is from the West?

Is the blood of Jesus sufficient to remove each and every stain of His "Pure and Spotless Bride?"

What sins count more than others? Would the sins of greed , ambition, and crushing the weak under your foot be as culpable before the Lord, as the sin of adultery?

How many, do you think that are in "the ministry" today commit these daily, and move on untouched by conviction?

When you talk about Swaggart's "anointing", let us be careful not to associate it with his influence and fame. They may not necessarily be the same.

He was without a doubt, the most respected and famous Pentecostal minister in the world at one time. His television teaching show was wildly popular, and millions tuned in on his Sunday service at Baton Rouge AG; His name was household .

He was a good singer and musician, producing top selling albums. It seemed that everything he touched came up roses, and he led a LOT of People in a sinners prayer. He preached against corruption in the pulpit, and against sin.

But, was this all anointing? Was all of this the power of God? There is a power in itself that the gospel possesses; it is the power of the truth. There have been cases of unbelievers believing through the speech of unsaved men.

I'll ask you this; "Is it possible for a fully repentant sinner to be totally filled with the Holy Spirit?"

If your answer is yes, then I ask ; "Is it possible for the Holy spirit to anoint this man, and manifest Himself through him?"

This is in reality what the anointing and the accompanying "ministry" really is. It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit exalting the authority of Jesus through clean and cleansed vessels.

The answer then would obviously be YES!...but remember, it is a matter of character, and the fruits of being Christ's possession.....and never forget that the Anointing IS JESUS!!!!..

It is He who acts, and manifests Himself as He moves through surrendered and weak vessels, not some mighty man of power for the hour.

That is, of course , if it really the anointing from the ANOINTED ONE!

PS: I really liked Swaggart, and still do. He's just another brother, like me and you....and though famous, he nor anyone else should be exalted to the hero's status.

I have a motto. Man will always fail you.
Jesus never fails.

2010/4/8 15:23

Re:

There is two seperate issues that seem to be getting co-mingled here. Can brother Swaggert be forgiven? I would think that answer is obvious, yes he can be forgiven. Question number two, and it would probably come under the qualifications for an elder, since we did not have tele-evangelists 2000 years ago. Can he still have a public ministry/

1Timothy 3:1-7
1 ¶ It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do.
2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
3 not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.
4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity
5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?),
6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.
7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

So we see that a man must be above reproach and have a good reputation with those outside of the church. Brother Jimmy is disqualified on both counts. These men are definately seen as Christian leaders, whether it is Jimmy Swaggart or Billy Graham or anyone else with a high public profile. Once that profile is tarnished in the eyes of the public, then that man must step down and away from the public. For it is for Christ's sake that we share the Gospel, it is for the name of Jesus that we live and share. If something was to take away from that, then the right thing to do, and I believe scripturally, is to retire to private life. If I remember correctly, brother Swaggert refused to be disciplined? ........brother Frank

2010/4/8 15:34
Silo

Re:

So what if I committed a horrible sin, as a young, single- pizza delivery man, but one day hope to be an elder or pastor. I know I'm forgiven but is there any hope to be a pastor if i commited a horrible act or am I disqualified.

I know Brother Jimmy is forgiven but is he disqualified only because it's adultrey and he was in a high position?

2010/4/8 15:58Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Brother Silo; when a man is placed in the
pulpit to preach, he is accountable to GOD
to set an example for the flock. GOD does
the disqualifying if he falls into sins!!

2010/4/8 17:08Profile
trueblue

Re:

was peter disqualified after his blatant denial and hypocrisy when Paul rebuked him..did not Samson kill more in His death than life.Was David disqualified from his kingship after murder and then later the taking of the census.Was John mark disqualified...

2010/4/8 17:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy