SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is adultery always the end of a marriage?(am sorry)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
To you question How you can forgive your dad? For my situation I have a very deep respect for my father even after what He did and I believe it was because as child no one ever really told me what had happened and so I didn't ever really lose that respect, my brother is in a radical state of rebellion and unforgiveness, and my little sister was the same as me except I think deals with forgiveness. As for my older sister I believe the thoughts still hurt but she has forgiven my father and their relationship is pretty well restored. My mother and father as still happily married for 25 years now.

Hi matthew

That is a praise about your family and I know all things are possible through Christ Jesus.

In my case though, my dad made it very clear to me and my mother that he was leaving her because she did not do what he wanted in getting rid of me. My dad can be a very cruel person, I have seen him take a strange pleasure in knowing that he is hurting my mom. I don't understand it, just how he is.

I am not sure how I would even approach him...

in Him
ellie

2010/4/8 18:37Profile

Re:

"I am not sure how I would even approach him..."

Hi Ellie, I understand what it means to be hated by your father. As a child I was drawn to the things of God because of my mother, which drew the wrath of my father. I never heard him call me Frank, only idiot or stupid. I longed to hear my name on his lips. Often times when he was drunk he would put a knife in my hand and try and get me to stab him. When I would not, in tears, he would accuse me of being a homosexual although he would not use that word. This is a man who ripped my heart out. I say all of that only because I want to testify that God can heal the hardest of hearts. Please read this story if you get the time. Its entitled "A root of Bitterness ( A Spiritual root canal) There is healing in the Lord and it is to His glory.............Frank

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2008/10/01/a-root-of-bitterness-a-spiritual-root-canal/

2010/4/8 20:56
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ellie, as I read this post about your dad hating you and your mom, an idea came to me.

What would happen if you and Jase would take your dad out for dinner, do it several times with the idea that eventually you will ask him why he hates you all so bad? In the meantime, you will have to fortify your mind and spirit with the LOVE of Jesus in order to be able to handle whatever you may hear.

If your dad would tell you, be prepared - it just may be he is not your biological father...things like this happen all the time. And be willing to share the gospel if the opportunity arises.

Just a thought, not a pleasant one but it may mark the beginning of some semblance of reconciliation....

ginnyrose

2010/4/8 21:41Profile

Re: Is adultery always the end of a marriage?

Oh boy! :-)

2010/4/8 21:53
wind_blows

Re: I am very sorry to everyone

Sometimes I think there are answers that we just don't ever get in this life. I regret so much the pain and hurtful memories I have stirred up.(in my own family and here as well) I ask for forgiveness...Thank you to those who posted and were trying to be encouraging and helpful. I did talk with my mom and found out that the truth is my dad just did not want me.(long story) He did not want any children really but when I came along it was just all to much. He was jealous for my mothers time and attention even of his own children and when she chose to have me he hated her for it and me to I imagine.
in Him
Ellie

Edited after some time of prayer

2010/4/9 11:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ellie,

One of the main purposes to talk with your dad is to work towards a reconciliation. I know what your mom said, but you need to hear from your dad personally. Let him speak for himself. What your mom says may be different, but even if it isn't, it would be good to work at a reconciliation with him.

I am not saying this will be easy. Some folks just do not want to be reconciled. If this is the case there usually is some other hidden component at work interfering.

Another thing, do not attempt it alone - make sure Jase is along. Another person's presense will help stem the anger of the other person.

Does this post make sense?

ginnyrose

2010/4/10 9:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy