Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Desperate Need for Power

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: The Desperate Need for Power

I have the same thoughts in my heart. I have searched the word to see why we do not walk in all God has called us to.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I believe the real problem is that we do not live crucified lives. Our lives are still our own. If we forsake all and only do the will of the Father we will walk in the same anointing of the Holy Spirit that Jesus did.

Phl 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

When we finally yield our lives, stuff, home, cars, ipods, clothes, children, appetites, everything to Him, we will also walk as He did, because that is what characterized His life.

Jhn 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus did only what the Father was doing, only went where the Father sent Him.

Hbr 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

When we finally forsake all and follow Him we will see the anointing manifest in our lives, not for ourselves, but to:

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

1Cr 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Cr 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

When we relinquish self ownership we will walk in all He has called us to, and not before. We want to choose what areas we give to Him. Where will we live, I don't like Detroit, so I won't live there. How much of my money really belongs to God 10% or all of it? I can't give up that relationship, God couldn't mean that, could He? I need to be politically correct or I might suffer persecution, God doesn't want me to suffer, does He? How about food, we stuff ourselves with every delight, but Paul was in fastings often. Even our appetites should be subject to God's will. The smallest things are important to the Lord, because it is the little things that cause us to be ineffective in the world around us.

This is why many poor places around the globe are experiencing true revival and power. They have given it all to Jesus.

I would suggest you watch this video by Dr. Owuor called "The state of the church".

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+state+of+the+church+owuor&search_type=]Dr. Owuor

I agree that we are not to seek after power. We are to make Jesus central in all our thinking. Power does come from that connection because He flows through us the same as did with the early apostles and believers like Stephen. Jesus came to heal, deliver and save and we are His arms extended to the world, if we take up our cross daily and follow Him. It is time to understand the the things of this world are passing away and if we want to be a part of this great ingathering we need to live according the sermon on the mount and repent for our withholding a part as Ananias and Saphira did. We really only give the stuff that doesn't inconvenience us, or make us short, or cause us to do things we naturally don't like.

It no longer matters what we like. What is God's will in everything. You think Jesus liked to go to the cross as far as His natural aptitude is concerned? No He asked for that cup to be removed if possible. But He drank it because it was the Father's will.

I am convinced that God is raising up an end-time remnant that will have dove's eyes. They can only focus on Jesus. They only care about doing the Father's will even if their friends and family think they are nuts. They will turn this world up-side-down. They will be dead men walking.

2010/4/29 10:07Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: "The Finger of God"

Ongoing thoughts from the writings of Luke.

“Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute. When the demon left, the man who had been mute spoke, and the crowd was amazed.”

There are quite a few references in the Bible to the ‘hand’ of God. There are some to His ‘mighty hand’ and even some of the ‘strong arm’ of God. But this demon Jesus drove out by “the finger of God”. God’s strong arm or mighty hand was not needed. His finger is all that is needed to drive Satan out. We have been duped here.

Afterwards Jesus tells the story of a strong man that kept a good watch over his home. He had successfully driven a demon or two out himself. But this demon went and found other demons and came back and overpowered him. His condition then becomes worse. By the time Jesus finds him, he is deaf.

There is a lot of strength in all this. There is a strong man who is attacked and overpowered by demons that are driven out by the finger of God. The strong man had fought. He had armor. He had had success with it. But when the odds were stacked against him, his armor was not enough. His captor takes it. He is left defenseless.

Sometimes, when the enemy bears down, a person may find their armor is just not enough. A little outside help could go a long way to help someone stand. Without it, they may simply be overpowered. I am aware of a few who are struggling. Some on the front end of a battle who are struggling not to be overpowered. Others more toward the back end who have all but been overpowered.

When Jesus saw this man who was deaf, he did not see him as one who was weak. He saw one who was strong that had been overpowered. He stopped to help him – to even the odds. Can we see those who are struggling as one who was strong until they were overpowered? Are we stopping to help even the odds? All it takes is ‘the finger of God’.

2010/5/9 19:51Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

An excellent point regarding the apparent failure of our prayers to accomplish what we expect. God is Soverign. There is no man on earth who can counsel the Lord of Glory to act in a certain way. It is not the faith of the average Christian that availeth much. It is the prayer of a righteous man. That is, a man who humbles himself before the Most High God and does the Father's will. That man will often pray in the model of God's Character.

And I think such a righteous man would refrain from allowing himself to accept a television ministry.

By His Grace.

2010/5/9 21:13Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Goldminer

Quote:
Goldminer wrote:
I believe the real problem is that we do not live crucified lives. Our lives are still our own. If we forsake all and only do the will of the Father we will walk in the same anointing of the Holy Spirit that Jesus did.

I believe you have hit the nail on the head. The church is in dire straits because no one has left it all for Jesus Christ (and this includes me). Personally (within my own sphere of influence), I have only known two people on this earth who had crucified lives and walked in the same anointing of the Holy Spirit that Jesus walked in and they have both gone on in faith believing others would step up to the plate.

I was blessed to have not only met them but to have been raised up under their ministry. I'm sure there are thousands of christians lying to themselves every day "thinking" they live a crucified life here in America but the proof is in the pudding! I say that because there were several in their ministry who thought they lived a crucified life! Me included - I mean, when you can''t even cast a bothersome twit of a devil out of your own life; how in the name of the Lord can you have enough faith to cast one out of someone else???? (huge grin)

Every time there is a storm somewhere or destruction, I think of the verse you quoted, Romans 8.19 - "For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God." Years ago, through prophesy, the Lord said, "the earth groans waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God."

Goldminer wrote: "Jesus did only what the Father was doing, only went where the Father sent Him... Well, [b]we are too busy doing "our will" for God[/b].

Thank you for the Godly reminder that I needed so much to hear...

2010/5/9 22:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy