SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Calling All Failures!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Calling All Failures!

Calling All Failures!!!… To Victory Through Faith : )
3/1999
Buzz Lightyear failures of the world UNITE! The just must live by faith, not by will power. It is a sovereign task for Father to bring about the right set of circumstances to allow each of us to fail in order to break our wills and allow us to fall on our faces in order that we might learn that we stand ONLY by faith in Jesus. Those whose natural “will powers” are strong get special attention to bring about their much needed failures! Our “strength” is mostly illusion anyway. Most of the time it’s only our pride and false view of ourselves twisted around to look like a virtue. We are ALL failures, and ONLY when we finally realize it (which is long overdue) are we positioned to understand that His strength is made perfect in weakness. WE ARE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO FULFILL OUR HEAVENLY CALLINGS!! We will “succeed” only by placing our faith in Jesus, the Author and Finisher. What is the Victory that overcomes the world? Our FAITH!!! It’s our complete confidence in our invisible King’s Love, trustworthiness and commitment to us—despite our stupidity, sin, and weaknesses!!! Hallelujah!!...

I thought this was very encouraging.I stumbled across it as I was reading some devotionals. I know lately I have been failing in so many areas of my walk with Him. I think I see that I have been striving, and giving up, when I should be trusting and having faith in Him!

God Bless
maryjane

2010/4/6 2:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Calling All Failures!

Failure.

Chalk it up! Might just run out of chalk.

But, God is faithful. To His word, and to us.

God bless.

2010/4/6 5:23Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Calling All Failures!

The simple secret is Christ in you, the hope
of glory; and by His Mighty Spirit He works
within to accoomplish His purpose for us and
in us!!

2010/4/6 15:02Profile
knitefall

Re:

This is a good topic. Very heart of God is found in this. How can we minister unless we first know the wickedness of our own hearts? "I'll never leave you God!" I'll never do that God!" as we soon end up confused and discouraged. Being unqualified for God's love is the only thing that qualifies us. That and His pure Goodness and Love.

we can do nothing but by Christ Jesus working in us by simplistic Faith in His completed Work of the Cross.

2010/4/6 22:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy