SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Win a car as a mean to come to Church.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
glaubemann

Germany ( Erlangen)

Win a car as a mean to come to Church.

Please can you look at this link of cnn , and tell what you think about.
Is this still about Christ or is it about feeding the Lust for materialism?
[url=http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2010/04/03/nr.church.prize.easter.cnn.html]http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2010/04/03/nr.church.prize.easter.cnn.html[/url]

2010/4/5 16:14Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Win a car as a mean to come to Church.

When you preach the cross and Christ crucified;
you don't need any gimmick!!

2010/4/5 16:20Profile

Re:

Good intentions, but too gimmicky for me... some might say borderline.

2010/4/10 4:31
mguldner

Kansas

I believe the fact that CNN covered this is probably a show that the message is "HEY LOOK AT US!" I personally love the First chapters of Acts, the Holy Spirit did all necessary advertising! No gimmicks Just Christ!

2010/4/10 4:49Profile
jmooney6

I would prefer "go to church, win salvation and eternal life with Christ! Inquire within about how you can repent today!!!" Now that sounds better, doesn't it? Besides, if it's God's will, He'll give you a car if need be for His purposes.

But like you said Brother MGuldner, the Holy Spirit needs no gimmicks. He's just right.

2010/4/10 12:45Profile

He's got that Colgate Smile.

As for this "stuff", it just goes to show that this guy hasn't got anything in him to give to this world. The world has all this stuff that he is offering and they are not happy with it. That is why the world looks to us because they want something more and when we don't have it, then we are mocked.

2010/4/10 17:21
Richard365

USA

Re:

I think it's sad that a 'Church' has to do that in order to fill their seats...and that's exactly why they are doing it.

I spent three years volunteering for my Church youth group and was very frustrated in how they approached things. It was all about the games or the gimmicks or even the music to get the kids to come on Wednesdays. They would spend almost an hour playing games and singing songs then spend a whopping 20 minutes on the Word. Seems backwards to me. The youth don't need a cool game to play or music to dance too...they need solid food...the Word of God.

It's all about "Entertainment" today. If you take away all the gimmicks, games and music...what would most churches out there have left? Nothing. Look at Jesus and His ministry and take away those same things...and what's left? Everything.

Unless Jesus did it or taught it, I want nothing to do with it.

God bless you all...

2010/4/23 5:11Profile

Re:

SAD SAD!!! Reminds of all the people following Jesus for what He could do for them, and when HE started to speak the hard things many left him because they could not bear the truth.

So what happens if you win the car and go to another church? wonder how many people in the congregation could use a new car?

2010/4/25 10:07
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Do you not know how these churches operate?

First they get your name, address, telephone number, and any other information they could possibly want about you. THEN you giving that information get phone calls to see where you have been and will continue to get them until you succomb or stop answering your phone, then from there if you don't answer your phone they will send people to your home. Ultimately the people that sign up for the drawing will be added to their list of people to call when they see numbers are down.

2010/4/25 10:37Profile

Re:

Quote: "First they get your name, address, telephone number, and any other information they could possibly want about you. By giving that information you get phone calls to see where you have been and will continue to get them until you succumb or stop answering your phone. Then from there if you don't answer your phone they will send people to your home. Ultimately the people that sign up for the drawing will be added to their list of people to call when they see numbers are down." Quote

Sounds like the Telemarketers.

Make a donation to one charity and by next week your flooded with phone calls from every charity house in the country.

2010/4/25 12:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy