SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Never Give Up on Praying for Someone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Never Give Up on Praying for Someone

I have an awesome praise. My grandson will be 21 in a couple of days and I have prayed with him, over him etc. when in his mother's womb - I have stayed up many nights praying for him and last night I was awake for a long period praying in the spirit for him and calling out to the Lord. I am always the one he calls for prayer. There was a point in his life where he could have turned out doing the work of the devil. But all the years I have prayed for specific things are coming to pass. The Lord has delivered him from going down the wrong path, for favor - has a good job - for healing - for a hunger to know God and so much more. He is now a good example to his 4 younger brothers and the rest of his family as well.
He works graveyard and has not been to Church for a long long time and today he came home so extremely tired but thought his uncle was going to an early service and he was going with him. He said he was so excited to go to Church. But he just could not stay awake that long as his uncle was going to a later service. A bit later the phone rang and it was him, we live States apart. Grams, I had such a huge thing come over me and I have more energy and am going to Church with uncle Rick.
Stand up and give God the Praise! The song just played on my CD.
It encourages me so much to never, never give up on anyone for any reason. I have others who are older I am praying for and Glory to God - He is working there too. My faith has grown leaps and bounds. All those nights, those days, God is always hearing, always, working. His desire and love is so much more than mine for His creation to come into His Presence and be saved. All glory and thanksgiving to our Savior who died to set men free! Amen and Amen

2010/4/4 14:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Never Give Up on Praying for Someone

I want to give God all the praise with you!! It's for our children and our children's children and as many as the Lord thy God shall call!! There is NOTHING that substitutes a "grandmother's" prayer!!

To God be ALL the glory!!

2010/4/4 15:04Profile

Re:

And I shall praise the Lord with you as well. I've prayed earnestly for a long while for my Aunt and the the Lord spoke one day and said that He had heard my cry and He would bring her back to know Him before she died. My Aunt hate me and there was one time she took a knife to kill me but I have nothing but compassion for her.

2010/4/4 16:43
Joyful_Heart

Thank you Lysa, your such a wonderful sister. I appreciate you so much and thank you for praising God with me. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to continue in prayer with as you know. We serve a God who loves and cares so much for all. We can rest and have peace and joy in that while we are interceding.

Snuf. I am sorry you had to go through that with your Aunt. I too have an Aunt I dearly loved as a child and young adult but she remarried after my Uncle passed to a man who is very critical and they drink way too much. She became very jealous of my mothers and my relationship and felt she had to control everything. It turned our loving relationship to a coldness. But she never came at me with a knife but sometimes other things like words, backbiting, slander hurts really bad as well. But like you, I love her with God's help only and am able to pray for her. God is faithful even when we are short on it. He hears, He moves in His ways - not always our ways. I will be praying for your Aunt with you. We will see and are seeing the Salvation of the Lord. Amen and Amen. The Lord continue to bless you both abundantly as we bow down to Him in worship and adoration for who He is.

2010/4/4 22:05Profile

Re:

praise God

2010/4/4 22:15
utilizer001

Oregon

The name of God is hallowed yet more. We praise Your name Father, for the salvation of another brother. Thank You for adding to the family. And thank You for yet more evidence, that You answer prayer.

Christ be glorified, Thy Kingdom be furthered, Thy will be done in earth as in heaven.
In Christ's name,
Amen

Jason

2010/4/4 23:29Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

What a beautiful testimony about your grandson! All day long yesterday, I was feeling as if the Lord was assuring me concerning my son's salvation.

It has been many years of praying him through with much anguish, even as he was used of the enemy, and had been most hateful at times.

I know all moms and grandmothers can relate when our hearts ache for those wayward ones and Satan tries to discourage us and say that they are without help or protection.

I spoke to an elderly saint last night whose son in in his forties and is finally coming around and showing great remorse for not walking with Jesus.

Lastly, I watched Earthquake Kelly's testimony(which I highly recommend), and when he was briefly in hell, the only reason God pulled him up was because of his mother's prayers. What an incredible witness of intervention by the Lord and his love and respect for a mom that was beaten by an ingodly husband, yet stayed and prayed for her children. It is just incredible.

So, let us rejoice and give Him glory and honor and praise!

We cannot give up. Blessings. Kathleen

2010/4/5 5:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Sheri, you have good reason to be joyful! I can well imagine your pleasure. May God bless you and your grandson.

ginnyrose

2010/4/5 8:49Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

You beautiful Saints of God. How our Lord loves you so dearly and thank you for your replies. It means so much to my heart. And yes, we all have people who our hearts are aching for and it is such a huge blessing - beyond words when we actually see the fruit of our prayers. The Lord says He will never leave us nor forsake us and I know we must never leave standing in the gap for others. I really know that all the seeds planted and watered that in His timing will He will give the increase. Glory to God!

A bit before Easter I had asked the Lord for a something special from Him this time of the year. It began when I read KingJimmy's writings on the cross. I was blessed and then it came. Joyful celebration that I could hardly contain and it lasted 3 days. I could not stop smiling, worshiping and praising the Lord. There was such a spirit of celebrating. Hard to explain. Then when my grandson told me he was going to Church. That was so wonderful. I saw my prayers answered. And the message was on fear and he has had a lot of fears. God is taking them. Glory to God.

And there is more!!! I have had another grandson, 10 years old, with me for a few months now and I am homeschooling him. Well, he started out not doing well with it and pretty behind and now he is caught up, concentration is 100% better and feeling really good about his progress. But the best news of all is how he is responding to the Lord. He saw the celebration for Easter in me and it made him happy too he said. And we watched a movie on Moses on TV. And I have been reading to him from his Bible book every night a story and then praying. I have been asking him each night after I have prayed if there was anything he wanted to pray and on Easter night he prayed for the first time while with me and thanked the Lord for providing everything he needed. He prayed again tonight thanking the Lord for a couple of things. Glory to God. God is so faithful, so merciful and so kind and loving.

We love you back Lord, we appreciate You so very much for Your enormous love, provision, protection and care for all. We thank You from our deepest parts for who You are and we bow down Lord and worship Your very being. Our eyes off our short comings Lord and others, but our eyes gazing on You and Your beauty. Tonight I hold up my dear loved ones and the dear loved ones of the Saints here and thank You so much for loving them even before they love You. That You are so very faithful to hear our hearts cry and to move on their behalf. You are so worthy Lord to be praised. Thank You for Your grace while we pray and wait with great expectations Lord. And Lord when weariness, fear, doubt, discouragement try to come in please Dearest Lord draw our eyes to gaze upon You and rest. In Jesus Precious Name

2010/4/6 0:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy