Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Unable to Wake Up

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
learn

Re:

by HeartSong on 2010/4/3 23:48:53
..... In that one split second I learned that the Lord is fully in control of all things, including the working of my entire body.

HA! Do I ever know that the Lord has full working over my body.

Example : He has control over my lips where he makes me smile when at times I do not want to do something but He wanted me to do so. The last time was when I did not feel like apologizing to someone at that moment. I was determined to wait because I was not happy to do so. Well, he made me smile and smile even more as if saying --You can do it, yes, you can do it. Well, of course I did what the Lord wanted me to do.

He has given me pain in the heart also, for example when I said I was unable to feel the pain for them (not because I was angry or whatever, it was just that sometimes we don't feel other's pain). Well, straigtaway he gave me that pain--and it was in a public place too and I kept saying--please don't make me cry suddenly as this is a public place.

But the most often is tears. I have never cried so much in my life before I was a Christian. There are quite a few instances where I would suddenly burst out crying for a certain person or a particular situation even when I do not know initially who the person was (eg: Steve Lawson) or what they were praying for etc.

Oh, there are other things too.

Sorry for the sidetrack but its so nice to hear someone mentioned that they know the Lord has full control of their entire body. :)

2010/4/4 14:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This kind of lie is direct from Satan. The mind is where the control is. This can only happen if the believer gives a mind to Satan's influence. It came to me one day that all Christians are fire proof. Then I came to the conclusion that we are Satan proof and even self proof. We have Christ in us and Satan was completely defeated at the cross for those that are in Christ. That being Christ in us also, you cannot have water in a sock without the sock being in the water also. That is how we are in Christ, by the Christ in us, which Paul says so many times in all his epistles. "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

You see, Christ in us is like rat poison is to a sniffing rat, when it comes to satan. We have the Spirit of Christ the Mind of Christ and the life of Christ in us and Satan has no hold on us unless our minds give him access to our thoughts, then the mind can be used by Satan and this kind of mind control can be used by him to attack the believer.

Don't get me wrong, Satan does exist and he can hurt us, but only if we give him a mind to do it with, or like Job by God for our good. Have this mind which was in Christ Jesus; tempted in the wilderness, completely freed from Satan's temptation by the Word of God.
We also completely free from the fires of hell, Satan himself, and even from self. Who is our full Armour?

Ephesians 5:9-15 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

This is the key; fire proof, self proof and poison to Satan; Christ in you the hope of Glory.

Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

All this Armour is The Christ in us. Amen

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

In Christ: Phillip

2010/4/4 14:24Profile
learn

Re:

Christinyou,

Have you posted in the wrong thread? Who are you addressing to? Not sure what you are saying here have anything to do with this topic. If you have posted in the right thread, perhaps you can be more clear as to what is this lie from Satan etc

2010/4/4 15:30Profile

Re: Unable to Wake Up

I think Paul West is right, it's purely a natural phenomena. I even remember it being said once that it was the body's way of preventing injury during sleep.

It happens to me on occasion and it is a bit weird, but I really don't think it has anything to do with demonic attack.

I'm sure the enemy would love us to think it is him attacking so to scare us, though.

2010/4/4 17:47
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

In folklore this experience is known as a visitation from [url=http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/sleep.htm]"The Old Hag"[/url] But there is a natural, physiological explanation.

2010/4/4 18:24Profile
JonMarie

Re:

I had this experience of SP as a child several times, about the same time period over several years, I was also subject to night terrors (really bad terrifying dreams) from which I would be screaming and crying audibly to my family, but unconsciously to myself, as I was asleep. Also sleepwalking was common then, my parents got a 4am phone call from my neighbor once. None of these things occurred in my adult life.
I understand them to have been stress related.

2010/4/10 23:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy