SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : President Bush's Faith?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

President Bush's Faith?

Did anybody also notice last night in the debate Bush only refered to God in generic terms e.g. "The Almighty?" I never heard him name the Name of Christ. God seemed very distant from him, and he seemed horriably awkward talking about God. He almost sounded like a deist.

2004/10/14 9:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: President Bush's Faith?

Quote:
Did anybody also notice last night in the debate Bush only refered to God in generic terms e.g. "The Almighty?" I never heard him name the Name of Christ. God seemed very distant from him, and he seemed horriably awkward talking about God.

Dude I was watching him saying that and was praying to God at the same time and say let him say Jesus, let him say Jesus, may your name be glorified. But of course all he said was "Almighty" and the verse were Jesus says if you are ashamed of me before men then I will be ashasmed before you and the angels in heaven.

2004/10/14 9:40Profile
Rahman

Re: President Bush's Faith?

The following is an excerpt from this website, and an event which i personally saw on TV;

PRAY FOR PRESIDENT BUSH
http://www.thegospelgreats.com/bush.htm

Quote;
"When asked in a debate what "philosopher" he admires most, he responded, "Christ, because He has changed my heart." (He took much flak for saying that.) He continued, "When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as Savior, it changes the heart and changes your life, and that's what happened to me."

In this instance President Bush didn't say Jesus either, but i'm hoping his saying Christ will suffice ...

Saints i garauntee you that if some of you saints don't know that when President Bush says God, or Almighty, that he's talking abour Jesus, the unsaved unbelievers do ... i'll state this again. i witness almost everyday to my unsaved co-workers, via the topic of this election, and this is what they say to me, "A man spouting Jesus, and praying about state matters, is a dangerous man" ... And again i ask, "Dangerous to whom?

It's easy to be an armchair quarter back and take president Bush apart, that's the same thing Kerry does ... He's always spouting what he would have did, as opposed to what this sitting President has already done ... President Bush has been President for 4 years already, 9/11 happened, the war in Afghanistan, and this war in Iraq, and everybody, including so many believers point the finger to the President as to what he's done ... i'm gonna say this again, and i hope you all hear me ...

ACCORDING TO DANIEL NOTHING HAPPENS IN THE AFFAIRS OF MEN WITHOUT GOD'S ORCHESTRATION ... SO I THINK IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT IF GOD DID NOT WANT BUSH IN OFFICE, OR 9/11 TO HAPPEN, OR THE WARS IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ, NONE OF IT WOULD BE HAPPENING ... SO IF YOU WANT TO POINT A FINGER, POINT IT TO THE SOURCE OF ALL ... GOD!

Scripture says that we are to pray for our leaders, and i would think even more so for one who acknowledges Christ as Savior, and takes a stand against such issues as abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and gay marriage ...

So even if you think President Bush unworthy to be called a Christian, or you're not gonna vote for him ... THEN PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM! ... and on Nov. 2, God will announce His choice as to whether Bush or Kerry leads America ...

2004/10/14 10:59Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

When both men were asked about the lifesytle of homosexuality, Kerry affirmed people are born that way. Bush said he didn't know.

What does Scripture say?

Both men affirm that it is God's will that democracy and freedom exist in all the world.

What does Scripture say?

I agree with Br. Rahman, God will use all things to work out His plan. In the times of judgement He caused the remnant of Israel to cry out to Him because of the suffering. There will come a day again when the Scripture is applicable.

"Come near, you nations, to hear; and heed, you people! Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, the world and all things that come forth from it. For the indignation of the Lord is against [b]all[/b] nations, and His fury against [b]all[/b] their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter. Also their slain shall be thrown out; their stench shall rise from their corpes, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood." Is 34:1-3

What does it mean to live as a pilgrim on this earth?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/10/14 15:14Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Quote:
What does it mean to live as a pilgrim on this earth?

Definition ..one who travels to a shrine or holy place as a devotee.

I think our home is Heaven and that is our ultimate destination and we are truly passing through until God calls us home.

Grace,
Doug

2004/10/14 15:46Profile
dohzman

Re:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

2004/10/14 16:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Wasn't it awesome when President Bush told the 51 million viewers on the debate that he was told by people they are praying for him. He says he can feel the prayers literally upholding Him. Thats a humble statement saying basically without the prayers of Gods people he would be in trouble on his own.

2004/10/14 17:00Profile
Rahman

Re:

Quote;
"I think our home is Heaven and that is our ultimate destination and we are truly passing through until God calls us home".

Aaaaaa-men ditto ...

And what we do while we're passing thru is what gets documented in God's books, for God is the ultimate Book Keeper ...

How many of us are really concerned about God's books?

How many of us even know He keeps them?

How many of us even care?

Dan.7
[10] A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

1Pet.1
[17] And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear.

2004/10/14 17:05Profile
Rahman

Re:

Bless you! ... Bless you brother Greg, for pointing out a positive!

i literally shouted a shout of triumph when President Bush said that! ... i know he can feel our prayers ... i know he can feel mine, because i feel him when i'm lifting him up before Jesus ...

He's got to be doing something right (Godly) for so many heathens to hate him so ... i know the flak i'm catching from the few heathens on my job because of my (Evangelical) stand for Bush, i can only imagine what he feels when at least half of 293,000,000 Americans hate him, and it did my heart good at his acknowledgement that our prayers sustain him.

2004/10/14 17:17Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Keith Daniel in "Power of Prayer", warned not to judge Bush as a christian, as he has only been saved 7 years. He said "Don't judge him, pray for him."

He also said they "you are the only country in the world where your president has openly confessed his faith in Christ". To me, confessing/denying christ isn't about "dropping His Name" at every opportunity, but "living His Name". Going around saying the Name of Christ all the time, to me, seems like your trying to convince everyone, rather than proving it by works. Just a thought anyway.

2004/10/14 19:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy