SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : FDA approves computer chip implants for humans

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Janus

Cape Town - South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Also, while I would certainly not want such a thing in my own body, that is far from being a mark of servitude to the beast. And I would add that while we all seem to have a pretty good handle on what we think the book of Revelation means, we probably don't. The book of Daniel predicted the coming of Christ, but nobody understood it* until after He came. It will probably be the same with the book of Revelation and the church.

I now really want to chose my words very carefully, because I dont want to offend you or anyone who might feel the same way you do.
The thing is that this is the attitude I myself see in most of my "christian" friends!! THey even say things like: I'll take it, but still believe!! That is not possible, for the Bible states that whoever takes it will not get into the presence of God!!!
Now, is this chip the mark of the beast?? I defenitely believe it is a workup towards it. Why do you think the Bible warns all the time that we must heed in the last days?? Because these things is going to look so subtle that we are not going to realise it, that people will be deceived.
I believe this mark of the beast is going to be much more than just to pay and not to pay. Will this not take over controll of your emotions with all the chemical and biological testings they do on humands andd computers these days...

All I know is that the Bible warns us of such a mark on the right hand or forehead!! If they give you a choice for your left hand then go ahead. But even if we dont believe this to be it, it fulfills so many of the profisies that was mande in the bible on the chip, that I myself would stay far away from it!!

Love in Christ
Janus

2004/10/15 3:54Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
All I know is that the Bible warns us of such a mark on the right hand or forehead!! If they give you a choice for your left hand then go ahead. But even if we dont believe this to be it, it fulfills so many of the profisies that was mande in the bible on the chip, that I myself would stay far away from it!!

This is good wisdom. Although I will not be taking a mark any place in order that I might buy or sell. Again, like you mention, the prophesy hits this too close to just explain it away. We have been forseeing this day and it is near upon us- shall we now reinterpret the passages and take a mark that we have been watching for?

The greatest fear I have is that those who have placed ALL their eggs in the pretrib basket will take the mark because the Rapture has not taken place. For the sake of history there has never been a time that I am aware of or have ever heard of when this passage of scripture concerning an etch in the right hand or forehead could have been fulfilled. We can spiritualize the text, but the passage has all the indicators of a literal hermeneutic. And when the plain sense makes good sense we should seek no other sense. There is no need to mark a sinner spiritually because they are proven sinners by the absence of the seal of God (the Holy Spirit). That would be like putting a bumpersticker on a car that says "I'm driving unlawfully" when the car was missing the license plates. Why the sticker?- the police are looking for the presence or absence of licence tags. So too sinners are driving without their spiritual 'licence tags' (if you will).

The mark referred to is obviously a physical marking that can been readily noticed if it is there or not. Right hand or forehead denotes an option. If you will not receive it you are to be killed- how will it be known if it were received or not? Surely it is not something that requires discernment to know if it is there or not. The plain wording of the text indicates a physical marking or etching. BTW, etching is a process used to make computer chips to remove latent circuit material.

One concern I have is that we are set up for this now because of the surging tattoo and piercing phenomena. People mark their bodies up at the drop of a hat and that has no precedent in modern history outside of pagan lands. I am not saying tatoos and piercings are pagan; I am simply saying that you see it historically in those places. It would just be one more mark or device among many others. It would be easy for such a thing to become fashionable in our generation. The gov't could even consider that mark gov't property and then prosecute the one defiling it.

Why the right hand or forehead you say? Well, if you are missing your right hand you should still have a forehead. How could so many people be killed for not having it? What if a bounty was placed on matching right hands and foreheads that did not have a mark? In an age of instant DNA identification it would be easy- and no one would be safe. Conspiracy theory? Maybe. But theres enough text in Revelation 13 to deal with. Again Daniel 12:10.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/10/15 8:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

As is usual in these things extremes abound, naysayers and conspiracy, outright denial...

To be fair and this is also a good link for checking things out that flood our emails:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mondex.asp

More general info:

http://www.findbiometrics.com/viewnews.php?id=607

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/14/human_rfid_implants/

And from the manufacturer's own site:

http://www.adsx.com/content/pdf/pr/pr_08.pdf

The admonishment in The Revelation notwithstanding, just from a practical standpoint, would you want something like this embedded into your body regardless? The potential possibilities are quite incredible...which seems to lend even more to the fulfillment of scripture.

The rate at what has now become 'acceptable' in society at large, just in the last couple of decades...[i]summer is nigh[/i]...[i]even at the doors.[/i] Mat 24:32,33

2004/10/15 8:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
BTW, etching is a process used to make computer chips to remove latent circuit material

That's quite correct, did you ever work in PCB?. I use to work in a plating shop, credit a large demise of brain cells taken up alongside the etching process. Some nasty chemicals in those days...

Good perspective on the proliferation of tattoos and piercings, that does tie nicely into it doesn't it?

Could see it where you could get one in your head, have Wi-Fi access and you could even listen to MP3's! :-P

Joe: "Hey Bob, why the blank stare?"
Bob: "Hold on a sec, I'm checking my email..."

2004/10/15 9:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

From my local paper this morning and from the Business section mind you...

[i]
"VeriChip is very simple. A glass capsule about the size of a grain of rice, the VeriChip contains only a basic microchip programmed with a 16-digit ID number and an antenna. When the VeriChip is hit with radio waves from a scanner, the chip responds by broadcasting its ID number. There are no batteries in the VeriChip, and it works for a lifetime.

The only way to get meaningful information with the VeriChip, which will initially cost about $150 for the human version, is by linking the ID number to a computer database. That database might give a dog's name and home address at an animal shelter, or show a history of adverse drug reactions in an unconscious human in a hospital emergency room.

Of course, a VeriChip implanted for medical reasons could be used in other ways, such as tracking movement in a building through scanners built into doorways. [b]Applied Digital is interested in expanding to non-medical uses, including credit-card verification and security. In July, the attorney general of Mexico said he and 160 of his top officials had received VeriChip injections for gaining access to top-secret offices.[/b]

As I said, I'm willing to get a VeriChip if the product adds to my personal safety and convenience. But I also want to know up front that implanted ID chips won't send us down a slippery slope to a Big Brother society where our every move is monitored.[/i]"

[url=http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/9985283.htm?1c]http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/9985283.htm?1c[/url]

Think the slope has already been greased...

Is it not interesting that in times past it was usually the so called 'alarmist's' that got labeled and maybe rightly so, but then this was all 'speculation'. Now it is reality.

But as Robert alluded to, whatever your take is on end times prophecy and this could easily be dismissed as more of the Satanic Procor and Gamble type thing, but ten, fifteen years done the road, if that long at the speed of technology. Hmmm....

2004/10/22 10:15Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Joe: "Hey Bob, why the blank stare?"
Bob: "Hold on a sec, I'm checking my email..."

So that's why my listeners get that blank stare. Could they be listening to someone else's audio files? I thought it was me they didn't understand.

2004/10/22 10:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Might have to get one of those wand type scanners Ron... :-)

2004/10/22 10:31Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Might have to get one of those wand type scanners

My dog has one of those chips. I wonder what she might be listening to? She does get fretful dreams at times.

2004/10/22 10:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy