SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A good reminder.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

A good reminder.

The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.
Be hospitable to one another without complaint.
As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever, Amen. 1 Peter 4:8-11

2010/4/1 12:13Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A good reminder.

Quote: "...be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer."

Sober spirit. Truly needed in this day and age of light-hearted 'christianity'.

God's judgments are sober, and His people need to be also.

God bless.

2010/4/9 8:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A good reminder.

Quote:
Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God;

Ever explored the depths of this statement?

How do I speak concerning the Word of God? with ambivalence? with absoluteness? is God the final authority? does his Word shape our thinking patterns? when the WORD says thus, do we say it with the same intensity? or do we work to dismiss it as irrelevant?

These questions dog me and make me aware that I need to be so very careful, extremely careful in how one speaks concerning the WOG (and other things as well - much less sure of them, though.).

Yes, this phrase challenges me to no end...thanks for the reminder.

ginnyrose

2010/4/9 9:19Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

James 3v11, 'Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?'

As it is, we should be careful of our words. We profess Christ, yet speak as though we do not know Him.

We seem to want to widen the narrow gate, Matt 7v13-14, yet, God has not widened it.

As it is, Jesus tells us by our words we will be justified or condmned, Matt 12v37.

Maybe if we speak less, we will be more justified than comdemned.

God bless.

2010/4/9 9:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy