SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for my soul

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

prayer for my soul

I have this overwhelming feeling i am lost please pray the Lord will have mercy on me. I just know i really don't know him, please pray for me.

2010/3/31 14:37
HeartSong

Re: prayer for my soul

Don't you listen to that slippery serpent!

The Lord has promised to keep you, and keep you He will, for our Lord always keeps His promises.

Read John 17.

2010/3/31 16:16Profile

Re:

but heartsong i have fell so far away from him living for him and i have lost my faith in Christ, i know that i believed strongly at one time but now i don't but i want to, i really don't know if i ever had saving faith and true repentance, i know i experienced him at one time in my life and even walked with him but now i aint. This past year is the first time i have seen my lostness i really think God might be showing that i was never truly saved but i did come to a knowledge of the truth i know that otherwise i would not being worried about it and my soul, i am as confused as anyone but i truly think i am not saved i don't know that i have been forgiven , no spirit bearing witness, that was not even the basis for my original faith in Jesus was his death for my sins, i never even understood what the purpose of his death until this year, that makes 5 years i really didn't know the true gospel, yes i listened to the Carter Conlon sermon but the whole time i felt myself saying i don't even think i am saved to begin with, i heard a brother tell me the fact that i am seeking after Christ proves i am saved but i disagree look at John Wesley and others who have sought after Christ i might be seeking him for the wrong reasons not because i offended him by my sin a holy God, i just don't know.

2010/3/31 17:01
Wordizlife

Re:

Maybe you need to stop listening to all those sermons and just stick to the Word.

Some people are too easily influenced by what preachers say, and if youre already a believer, you just want to believe everything every single preacher says, and it can lead to confusion, cause often times, contradictions come up.

Please just stick to the bible as your only source for a bit, and get a grip.

Mean this in the nicest way possible

2010/3/31 17:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Maybe you need to stop listening to all those sermons and just stick to the Word.

So true. Other people's writings, sermons cannot bring life to a starving soul: you need the genuine, word of God - the real thing. Only the Real Thing has the power to nourish a starving soul. And that includes you and everyone else.

Personally, I read few sermons, books dealing with theological subjects because they have such little nourishing power compared to the Word of God. The time you spend in the WORD is by far richer then the time spent in reading/listening to other folks.

Hope this helps...
ginnyrose

2010/3/31 17:25Profile

Re:

please could everyone who reads my prayer request pray for me that God would save my soul and have mercy on me thats what i need, please i beg of you i want Christ but my heart is doubting and so hard, please i am going to be crying to God and begging him for mercy and forgiveness, i really need those who will cry out with me, i really don't know what it will take because i have tried to have faith and repent and just nothing. I will get in the word, but oh i just want to be saved.

2010/3/31 21:52
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: prayer for my soul

I will be praying for you.

2010/3/31 23:31Profile
p42

Re:

My heart is deeply stirred for you. I have been through a very similar experience. I want you to know that Jesus brought me through this. He will bring you through this as well. He will not fail you. My personal walk with Christ has been far from perfect or even good. In my early days as a Believer, I was so blessed to play a role in a true youth revival that impacted many lives for Christ. I was most zealous and loved God. After much personal rejection, I became very bitter. I had moral failings as well. Over a period of many years, I retained the bitterness and cynical outlook. I pursued money, the pride of life, and the junk of this world. Jesus convicted me and I began to pursue Him again. After much pursuit, I almost came to the conclusion that I was eternally lost and past the point of God's mercy. This was a tactic of Hell that nearly worked. On day in the spring of 2008, I simply asked Jesus to give me one more chance. I was desperate. Later that evening, the blessed Holy Spirit began to touch me. He convicted me deeply of many things. I was a mixture of sorrow for my sin, and incredible joy over His love and forgiveness. I now have been truly restored to my first love. All because of Jesus. He will not fail you. Please do not give up. You are a Luke chapter 15 miracle that is waiting to happen. You are a testimony about to be written. The Good Shepard of Luke 15 is coming to rescue you. The Father of Luke 15 is waiting to kiss you and welcome you to His family. Heaven is about to throw a party over you. Dear friend, my Christ was savaged beyond all recognition on the cross. He paid for your salvation. The Holy Spirit will help you just like he helped me.

2010/4/1 0:15Profile

Re:

I actually have not heard a testimony like yours before that you had walked with God and then he still was merciful to you after that. Thank you so much i really needed to hear that, i do feel like their is no hope for me but after reading that i am strongly encouraged.Thank you so much, i will seek after him.

2010/4/1 0:27

Re:

b4l

Seek and ye shall find. The Lord is true and faithful when we are not - I backslid for years and the reason was I had become bitter and disillusioned as the Christian life seemed so hard for me - impossible - and I slowly built up resentment towards God and disappointment and failure in myself. I had to learn that it has to be all by grace in order to fulfill God's commands and if it is in the flesh it will fail.

He took me to a new land where I was held by power and truly saved, that is, saved from sin although I had known Him before it was not a true knowing of Him and His ways and I had been listening to the teaching of the church which is in a bad way when I should have been listening to Him. He saved my soul from sin and He will do this for anyone who comes to Him. Paying.

Brenda

2010/4/1 3:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy