SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Happy Good Wednesday!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Happy Good Wednesday!

Matthew 12:40 states very clearly that Jesus prophecied that He would be in the grave three DAYS and three NIGHTS. When you look at the Jewish calendar and scripture and realize when the "high sabbaths" happened that week... and take into consideration how the Jewish people counted days... you soon discover that Jesus died on Wednesday and rose on Sunday... completely fulfilling His prophecy about Himself. It was the last sign to the Jewish people that He was Messiah.

Good Friday is a Catholic tradition and has more to do with paganism than anything else.

I am always amazed at how mad Christians get at me when I mention this truth. People don't like their traditions messed with... even if they can easily be proven to be wrong.

Krispy

2010/3/31 7:56
HeedWatchmen

Southeastern PA

Re: Happy Good Wednesday!

AMEN!!

My husband and I stopped celebrating Easter and Christmas a few years ago because both are pagen holidays that have been brought into the church. The only instruction we are given is to remember Christ's death through communion. If we were to celebrate these occasions, we would have been instructed to in God's Word (the Bible).

When we celebrate Good Friday we make God into a liar, because there are not 3 days and 3 nights between Friday and Sunday.

2010/3/31 8:48Profile

Re:

I don't know that I would go that far with it... the important thing is that we understand what He accomplished on the cross.

If someone celebrates Easter and Christmas with a pure heart and a devotion to Christ... I say go for it. But I do have a problem with people who celebrate Good Friday and try to explain away the three days and nights. They proove their ignorance when they do that.

But each there own. If you feel convicted not to celebrate Christmas and Easter, then dont.

Krispy

2010/3/31 8:54
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Is the right day, the wrong day, or any day for that matter the issue? Should it be? To me the day is somewhat irrelevant. I celebrate the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ every day as my entire life is in Him. Just a thought.

Travis

2010/3/31 16:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Happy Good Wednesday!

Quote:
I am always amazed at how mad Christians get at me when I mention this truth

They don't all. Years ago our pastor taught us this truth...so, you won't get any flack from me!

Have a blessed Resurrection Day on Sunday!

ginnyrose

2010/3/31 16:57Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Yes, Happy "Good" Wednesday!

Quote:
by twayneb
Is the right day, the wrong day, or any day for that matter the issue? Should it be? To me the day is somewhat irrelevant. I celebrate the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ every day as my entire life is in Him. Just a thought.

Some people just can't handle change! (huge grin) But i agree with you celebrate it everyday but to be completely honest with you, whenever I've read the Bible and come across those verses and added up on my hand... 3 24 hour days just never added up from Friday till Sunday "morning!"

I've always been interested but never really cared to look it up till Krispy had to go and bring it up!! LOL So I've been studying a couple different websites today and am convinced that today is the day that our Lord was crucified and buried. edit... But Sunday's a coming!!! woo hooo!

Will it be an argueable topic with me? No way! I just think it's cool and that praise God it finally makes sense to me!

2010/3/31 17:16Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

As a former Mathematics teacher, I have to agree with your addition....or subtraction. Just depends on where you start.

2010/4/6 17:51Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

I'm with you guys on this one, but there is nothing wrong with celebrating a day early or a day late.

Colossians 2:16 is important to remember here. We are not to judge anyone according to how they keep holidays.

That said, I prefer saying Resurrection Day rather than Easter.

2010/4/6 18:53Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

I am always surprised at how many people get angry and even question if I am saved because I do not celebrate Easter/Resurrection day. To me I seek to follow the Lord and live unto Him every day but for some people when they ask what your doing for such and such holiday and you tell them nothing they get really indignant with you. I always smile and tell them that I think its great that they do these things unto the Lord but they always seem to look at me with doubt? Oh well :)

God Bless
mj

2010/4/6 19:03Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Resurrection day it is then. We serve a risen savior.

Travis

2010/4/6 22:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy