SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : John Piper to Feature Rick Warren at 2010 Desiring God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Greetings all,

From Kire's [url=http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/eboo_patel/2008/09/rick_warren_interfaith_activis.html]Newsweek/WashingtonPost link[/url]

"Those people of faith can be trained to be the arms and legs of any development plan, and those houses of worship can double as clinics, banks and schools."

Arms and legs go on a body. A body then, but who's? The bank's, the clinic's, the school's, the enconomic and political power behind the [b]development plan[/b]?

This story expresses what is the waiting catastophe of [b]visibly and conspicously[/b] intermingling the Name and work of Christ and His Church, with earthly and political affairs.

It is one thing for us to exhort others to works of righteousness and compassion. The Church may speak so to its members. It may speak so to the consciences of the public. Or we may even, as private citizens, participate with others(regardless of their faith) in doing things that are good, according as circumstances and our consciences may provide or allow.

[b]But it is an entirely other thing to speak and to work for the unity of faiths in these same things, and to do so as(being seen as) a spokesman for the Church.[/b]

I suspect it is or will be in the end, no other than tantamount to handing over the authority and auspices of the Church of Christ to some executives in a boardroom, or whoever else would like to hire her out for an hour of whatever services they desire to be performed.

No man on earth has that authority. Christ directs His Church. He directs its members individually and its assemblies corporately(as a body).

He decides who we should cooperate with as individuals or together as a whole.

Any man trying to speak for the Body of Christ that way has gone way beyond his own control.

As one of our friends here sometimes says,

BUYER BEWARE

2010/4/4 16:40Profile

Re: One World served by ONE CHURCH.

"This story expresses what is the waiting catastrophe of visibly and conspicuously intermingling the Name and work of Christ and His Church, with earthly and political affairs."...From ChrisJD's post....

Warren's Ecumenical agenda:

"Last week at the Clinton Global Initiative, Warren was asked how "the church" could help to solve poverty.

"His response was to rattle off the numbers of Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Christians in the world - in that order - and make a plea that the public and private sectors take seriously "the faith sector as the third leg of the stool of successful development".

This is Warren's world view of the CHURCH!

"Warren consistently used the language of a religious pluralist. He spoke of "mosques, temples and churches" as central to the life of villages in the developing world."

He underscored the fact that there are huge numbers of people of faith in the world, and huge numbers of houses of worship in places where clinics, banks and schools don't exist.

Those people of faith can be trained to be the arms and legs of any development plan, and those houses of worship can double as clinics, banks and schools."

[ Washington Post link..]

One happy world under one god, where everyone helps each other. Sounds like they need a "MAN OF PEACE" TO RUN IT ALL....hmmmm...

John14:1

Our Savior said; 1. “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

2. In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

4. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5. Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

7. “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

Rick Warren does not believe or teach that there is one and only way to the Father, but that the Father includes all nations in His church, and all faiths, that lead to the same God.

His god is the god of this world, and his all inclusive gospel of mobilizing all faiths to serve each other is simply the gospel of anti-Christ. This is the ultimate New Age theology that surpasses liberalism. It is an ugly and wicked thing, devised by Satan to snuff out the one true light;

THAT JESUS CAME AND DIED FOR THE WORLD, THAT WHOEVER WOULD RECEIVE HIM MIGHT BE SAVED.

He is the one and only way to the Father.

Again, it is beyond reason that a man of God would want him at his church, or join with him in any way. It is a sad thing, to me.

2010/4/5 13:32
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Re: John Piper to Feature Rick Warren at 2010 Desiring God

From Tim Challies blog:

Phil Johnson on Warren & Piper - Phil Johnson has some great things to say about John Piper's invitation to Rick Warren. I think what he says is very fair. "Warren's private reassurances to John Piper shouldn't trump the fact that he does not actually preach the gospel plainly, boldly, thoroughly, unashamedly, and in a way that is faithful to the Word of God. If he privately believes something other than what he has said in his books and sermons, that makes him more culpable as a hypocrite. His belief is better than his practice? Let's not make that sound heroic."

http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2010/04/on-piper-warren-connection.html

2010/4/9 10:19Profile
mkal

Minnesota

Re: Warren & Piper

There are very few prophetic voices like that of Zac Poonen in these last days. Lukewarm Christianity and the resultant apostasy coming upon the church is becoming more evident. Even Tozer and Ravenhill, back decades ago, saw the church as coming into Babylonian captivity. We must be willing to go the way of the cross, no matter the cost, in order to have our eyes opened.

2010/4/15 0:35Profile
JCGarc55

Re: Petition being put together

below is a FB group being put together to be given to John Piper:

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Warren-should-NOT-preach-at-DG2010/115537035123691]FB Group[/url]

group description:
I love John Piper. I think he made a serious error in judgment. We will forward this page to him prior to May 1st, or as soon as we get 1000 fans. Invite your friends, post insights about Warren.

[url=www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Warren-should-NOT-preach-at-DG2010/115537035123691]link[/url]

2010/4/16 17:04Profile

Re:

Paul in Athens
16Now while Paul was waiting for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him as he saw that the city was full of idols. 17So he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and the devout persons, and in the marketplace every day with those who happened to be there. 18Some of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers also conversed with him. And some said, "What does this babbler wish to say?" Others said, "He seems to be a preacher of foreign divinities"—because he was preaching Jesus and the resurrection. 19And they took him and brought him to the Areopagus, saying, "May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20For you bring some strange things to our ears. We wish to know therefore what these things mean." 21Now all the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there would spend their time in nothing except telling or hearing something new.
Paul Addresses the Areopagus
22So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said: "Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, 'To the unknown god.' What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. 24 The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, 25nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything. 26And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, 27 that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, 28for

"'In him we live and move and have our being';

as even some of your own poets have said,

"'For we are indeed his offspring.'

29 Being then God’s offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man. 30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."

32Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked. But others said, "We will hear you again about this." 33So Paul went out from their midst. 34But some men joined him and believed, among whom also were Dionysius the Areopagite and a woman named Damaris and others with them
------------------------------------------------

So Paul went to Athens, saw all the idolatry, and such, and what did he do?

what did he do?

he reasoned with people. oh the horrors! "philosphers" at that!

he even complimented them..."percieve in every way that you are religious"...

and even quoted from their own poets!!!! that compromiser Paul!!! (Paul, i'm being sarcastic, tzaddiq.....right, whats going on here is the same spirit that would have you foaming at the mouth, running up to Damascus, to wage holy hell, until that is, Messiah struck you down...what?....no, i know, at least you got your sight back, Praise the Name. hug an angels neck for me, Paul tzzadiq)

im sorry, did i say something?

a facebook page, where the "righteous" can eviscerate each other in full public view. OHHHH! look at those christians, how they love one another!

farcical witness, would be to God he make our keyboards cleve to the base of the computer, or Bless God, just take the electric grid down, start the Day of the Lord early.

mod's i prayed....

2010/4/16 17:53

Re:

Let's get it on ! Come Lord Jesus ! Just don't let you love wax cold Matt.24:9-12 and don't get swept away by the lie 2 Thess. 2:10-12 . Love endures all things!!! We really don't know what is on the inside until the test . People get ready!!! When rightiousness cost a high price we will see who is true and false ??? Only then will we know who fears God and who does not? Gen.22:12 when that happens the unrightious will try to kill the rightious because their deeds are evil. Just like Cain did to Able. The biggest thing you need to be aware of is you need to be able to walk through betrayal and death unoffended just like the Jesus ,Steven, Peter and so many others Rev 14:12 the saints are the church. Jesus told us the key to seeing corectly in Matt. 25 the wise had oil in jars ( the anointing perchased in prayer that is able to teach us all things)( 1 John 2:26-270 or salve so we can see Rev. 3:18) Bible prophecy is being fulfilled before our very eyes . The Earth is crying out in birth pains for the sons of God to be revealed

2010/4/17 18:00
JCGarc55

Re:

"So Paul went to Athens, saw all the idolatry, and such, and what did he do? what did he do?
he reasoned with people. oh the horrors! "philosphers" at that!
he even complimented them..."percieve in every way that you are religious"..."

~~~~~~~~
Is this a reply to defend Piper's invitation to Warren? or just to defend Rick Warren? I'm assuming it's about Piper's invitation because others have already shared and given references as to why Warren's teachings and influence are dangerous.

The text example you shared from Acts 17 does not compare to the situation of this Desiring God Conference invitation. The difference is that Paul was out sharing the gospel to lost souls. By the way, regarding the "compliment" Notice he also told them to repent and pretty much told them their idol worship was ignorant. Not a flattering message.. but back to the comparison. From what I understand, the Desiring God Conference is a gathering of the Saints to hear biblical teachings from Men of God. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is it now a gathering where false teachers are invited to speak in hopes they will convert to Calvinism? If that's the case why not extend an invitation to Joel Osteen, TD Jakes, Kenneth Copeland, Paula White, and other false ministers? I heard Piper's reasons on the video feed but it left me with more questions. Many others in this thread have voiced the very same concerns.

Regarding the FB group, some and probably many in it love John Pipers ministry. I think many have been blessed by it, but that doesn't mean they should look the other way if he's doing something that is wrong.

Quote:
So Paul went to Athens, saw all the idolatry, and such, and what did he do?

2010/4/19 14:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy