Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The place of John Kerry's faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

The place of John Kerry's faith

Did anybody listen to the 3rd presidential debate where Kerry said, "I am a politician who happens to be Roman Catholic?" Shouldn't it be "I am a Roman Catholic who happens to be a politician?" Catholicism v. Protestantism aside, I think it is quite telling where he puts God in his life.

2004/10/13 22:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The place of John Kerry's faith

Quote:
Did anybody listen to the 3rd presidential debate where Kerry said, "I am a politician who happens to be Roman Catholic?" Shouldn't it be "I am a Roman Catholic who happens to be a politician?" Catholicism v. Protestantism aside, I think it is quite telling where he puts God in his life.

I am actually watching the debate also and its kinda funny that kerry was quoting the bible more then bush. But clearly President bushes views on moral issues show how the truths of the bible really have impacted and guide his life. I really liked his sharing on how prayer sustained him.

2004/10/13 22:27Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Yes and it is funny that for a person who isn't catholic Bush has visited the papa (pope) more then Kerry. It's the things that are unseen that I pay attention too. The devil also spoke words from the bible.

2004/10/14 0:23Profile
dohzman

I personally like the example of President Bush. Kerry I don't believe will represent the values of the christian community---I rember Bill Clinton quoting the bible and look at the shining example of christianity?!

2004/10/14 0:28Profile

Re:

at least when Clinton lied, nobody died.

If Bush is the shining example of Christian manhood I'm to emulate, I think I'll use the example of David Brainerd as my template instead.

A humble meek Spirit-filled missionary with one aim in life, to please his God, his Master and Saviour.

all else is dross, confusion and white noise.

2004/10/14 0:55
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

"at least when Clinton lied, nobody died."
and that makes it okay. some thing died and he will know on jugdement day. We the people what ever happened to WE THE PEOPLE?

2004/10/14 1:02Profile
Rahman

Re:

When i hear Bush detractors say "At least when Clinton
lied, nobody died" ... i always counter, "Do you mean physically or spiritually"?

Clinton was President of the US because God allowed it, and you can best believe it was because Clinton fit into His plan for the ages, Monica Lewinsky and all ...

Bush is President of the US because God has allowed it, and you can best believe it's because Bush fits into His plan for the ages, 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq and all ...

And whoever God either chooses, or allows to be President of the US, Bush or Kerry, it will be because one of them fits into His plan for the ages, and the jury is still out on just how ...

But in the meanwhile i'm both praying, and voting for George W ...

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3328&post_id=22092&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=22081&forum=35#22092

2004/10/14 11:11Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Just to let you guys know, my comment made it onto Fox New's "The Oreilly Factor" and he's sending me a signed copy of Who's Looking Out For You!!!

2004/10/14 21:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Just to let you guys know, my comment made it onto Fox New's "The Oreilly Factor" and he's sending me a signed copy of Who's Looking Out For You!!!

From this thread?

2004/10/15 0:40Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

From this thread?

No, I had e-mailed him the comment at oreilly@foxnews.com and he in turn quoted it at the end of last night's show.

2004/10/15 6:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy