Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why No Redemption For Satan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

This is not a proof of any kind but just a fascinating biblical fact. Joshua's crossing of the Jordan has often been seen as a type of Christ's plunge into Death in the Cross. There are lots of wonderful links that can be made, but there is almost a historical footnote which says; and when they that bare the ark were come unto the Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brink of the water (for the Jordan overfloweth all its banks all the time of harvest,) that the waters which came down from above stood, and rose up in one heap, a great way off, at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan; and those that went down toward the sea of the Arabah, even the Salt Sea, were wholly cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho. (Jos 3:15-16 ASV) Apparently when they stepped into the Jordan riverbed, its flow was cut off right back to a city called Adam; but no further. Sin is older than Adam but its cure only reaches back as far as the human race.

Christ's death cut of the flow of Sin and Death for all who follow Him into that 'baptism' right back to Adam.

2004/10/14 11:56Profile
carly49

Ontario

Re:

Quote:

This needs some qualification, I think. Does it mean that God created 'rebellious angels'? or did they change? Perhaps he wants to say 'they cannot be changed'. That they have changed is, I think, obvious. Did their 'decision' not change them?

I believe God created all angels perfect like everyone/thing else. They were given a choice to follow God or Satan. As for the ones that followed Satan, yes, their decision certainly did change them, and unfortunately US!

Thank you for all your replies.
Carly

2004/10/14 16:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy