SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon by Rolfe Barnard the high crime of inviting the lost to church.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
intrust

Sermon by Rolfe Barnard the high crime of inviting the lost to church.

i have listened to this sermon a couple of times along with the Missing presence of Christ these two messages need to be taken seriously,he shared also that the Gospel should be preached to the lost.and not to believers,those who are genuinely born from God.as the community of believers are the church.its seems to me a very scary thing to think that there would be souls going to these buildings believing they where born from above.JESUS IS ALIVE,HE IS IN THE MIST OF HIS BELOVED.

2010/3/29 12:35Profile
Shamefaced

Re: Sermon by Rolfe Barnard the high crime of inviting the lost to church.

I'll have to give it a listen. I've felt that using the church meeting primarily for evangelizing the lost is not what the biblical model is, but I think that God has certainly used many church meetings to bring people to Him. So with that being said, the church is for regenarated believers for discipline, worship, instruction, and partaking in the Lords Supper, not for evangelization. The members of the church should be going out to evangelize, then a place could be made for any that would choose to come.

With that being said, there can be a place for evangelism from the pulpit, there's nothing wrong with that, but make sure not to "starve the sheep while feeding the goats"

2010/3/29 13:17Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re: Sermon by Rolfe Barnard the high crime of inviting the lost to church.

Any chance you can provide a link to this sermon please as my search in several places has come up void. Thanks.

2010/3/29 14:06Profile
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

Re: Link to sermon

I had the same question about a link, and found this.
[url=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=86091433186]http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=86091433186[/url]

2010/3/29 17:51Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

1 Corinthians 14 makes it clear unbelievers attended early Christian fellowships. Thus, if somebody stood up to prophesy (to speak the word of God), the secrets of their heart would be disclosed, and they could fall on their knees and acknowledge God was in the midst.

2010/3/29 18:20Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

Persecution will weed out the false converts very soon.

2010/3/29 18:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Persecution will weed out the false converts very soon.

That, unfortunately, has no Biblical or historical basis to it.

2010/3/29 19:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy