SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Chuck Missler?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Chuck Missler?

I would like to know some peoples thoughts on this man and his ministry. I am quite vague about him.

I know he runs a ministry 'Koinonia House Online'
http://www.khouse.org

His expository materials are found on blue letter bible online which is a large bible resource with other calvary chapel speakers. I am wondering if he is involved with an denomintion or church?

This kinda of disturbed me abit that hes trying to teach about aliens:
http://www.khouse.org/conferences/alien/

I would love to know what some SI'ers think.

2004/10/13 17:01Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: Chuck Missler?

Hey Greg,

Chuck Missler has ALOT of excellent teaching material(his teaching on 'Gleanings from the Book of Ruth' is one among many), and yet he is kind of an the 'fringe' of Calvary Chapel, in that he really pushes the limits on some things (i.e. 'the Nephilim and Alien thing', Y2K was another fiasco). Chalk that up to his intelligence and the years of access he has had on secret and top secret boards in the US gov't.

But Pastor Chuck Smith has alot of grace toward these brothers that tend to reach a little too far sometimes, and like a real dad would, tries to get them to see the big picture and not focus in on the 'periphial' matters...

2004/10/13 21:51Profile
dohzman

I believe in the character of Bro. Missler as I've watched how he approaches his teachings.Alot of what he teaches about fallen angels n aliens is or has been points of contentions through out the church history and therefore its always best not to get to hung up on such things.I had a very godly brother say once to me that teachings---sermons---ect are like sitting down to eat a t-bone steak, just cut away the fat. Just cut away the fat. Much of what he teaches is very good and worth careful examination and prayerful thought.God bless

2004/10/13 22:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
yet he is kind of an the 'fringe' of Calvary Chapel, in that he really pushes the limits on some things (i.e. 'the Nephilim and Alien thing', Y2K was another fiasco). Chalk that up to his intelligence and the years of access he has had on secret and top secret boards in the US gov't.

Yea I thought he was involved in some way because his teaching materials are on many of their sites! I listened to some of his expository materials and they seem quite solid but some of his eccentric teachings make me think 'come on get real, get your mind on Christ and not these non-essential issues'. It actually kinda saddened me, I know his ministry would be much more fruitful if he allowed God to prune these things.

Quote:
I had a very godly brother say once to me that teachings---sermons---ect are like sitting down to eat a t-bone steak, just cut away the fat. Just cut away the fat.

Very true many sermons have somewhat of mans thoughts and opinions in them. For the aim of the preacher is to speak the mind of God to the people. But I don't think its ok to sit back and allow ourselves to hear things that will possibly ruin or damage our faith. When the water is too murky its dangerous to get in or you could step on something sharp no matter how careful you are. But agreed all materials that we use to know the Scriptures and God better must be done carefully and prayerfully.

2004/10/13 22:35Profile
Rahman

Wow brother Greg,

Once again thanks Lord, via SI ...

Fear is not something that i entertain to much when ever i listen to teachings such as these ... i have three spiritual gifts; faith, discernment, and prophecy ... Faith keeps me unshakable that Christ is my Savior and nothing can seperate me from that ... Discernment i call my "spider senses" and when they begin to tingle i don't run away, but keep on listening with the thought in mind that i need to know about this new heresy so that the Holy Ghost can enable me to battle it if ever it shows it's ugly face in my arena ... And prophecy, well prophecy makes one more open to new revelation/illumination, because you already know how quick rejection is when you're the bearer of the newly illumined, and so i'm open in the positive, unless discernment says otherwise ...

i found this info most interesting, and was most impressed when in the first audio brother Missler said that the meaning of each name Adam: Seth: Enos: Cainan: Mahalaleel: Jared: Enoch: Methuselah: Lamech and Noah, were a prophetic indication of what was coming next in the pre deluvian world, and that when you say them all together they sum up that entire history ... God is more amazing than any of us could ever possibly fathom! ... i'd never thought about that ...

i'd also never thought about that the Flood had also wiped out a tainted human gene pool by the fallen angels mixing their input into humanity ... i also liked when he speculated on the difference between fallen angels, and demons, being that demons are the actual disembodied spirits of the unholy union of angels and humans, the Nephalim, when they were all destroyed during the flood ... i had read this very same thing in one of the Epigraphic books in my research for "The Called" ...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2289&forum=41&8

... where it actually states this, and also says that after the flood Noah had to beseech God to do something about these demons, because they were so many, and they were constantly attempting to possess humans, because from bodies they were cast, and to bodies they wanted to return, so God told Noah he's abyss most of them, but others he'd leave for the employ of satan ...

For someone like me i find this type of teaching most fascinating, but i also realize that there's a great deal of conjecture, and speculation involved, no matter how much of it makes sense to me ... And so with this in mind i'd say that since it has nothing to do with attaining salvation, if a saint is fearful of such teachings, then by all means stay away from it ... But on the other hand if such teachings challenges a saints imagination toward passages he knows in scripture, then let it strengthen your faith ... i for one am of the latter, because i've always wanted to be one of the two witnesses in the Revelation, just so i could be a part of all the supernatural manifestations appearing from both satan and Almighty God alike ... Plus i have to admit i got this real "see i told you so" streak in me when it comes to unbelievers ... But as many of you already know, i'm just weird like that ... '0)

i wonder what folk thought of Ezekiel in his day, when he came talking about the throne chariot of God, and them wheels within wheels?

Brother Greg you posted;

Quote;
"I had a very godly brother say once to me that teachings---sermons---etc are like sitting down to eat a t-bone steak, just cut away the fat. Just cut away the fat".

Amen, and amen and amen ... that's what i mean by not throwing out the baby with the bath water ... Or as a old saint once said to me, "There are specks of sanity even in the rantings of a madman, pick out the specks and you'll find out why he's mad" ...

2004/10/15 14:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy