SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What is Salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Well Jim all I can say is that your experience of daily temptation to sin and polluting the temple although still being allowed to be in it is not what myself and others understand by holiness.

oh.

2010/3/28 14:02Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Paul spoke of crucifying the flesh after conversion, God killed our old man with christ on the cross, and yet we daily need to take up the cross, crucify the flesh. By Gods grace we have a work to do. I always liked the illustration of the old man that was sitting in our hearts throne, and every time sin, the world, and the flesh came knocking on the door, the old man very happy would rush to the door and open, God killed this man, and a new man was put on the throne, and he will keep the door shut, but sometimes he may be weak, maybe have not eaten the food properly, or was not on guard, so when they come knocking even tho he does not want to open he is not strong enough to hold them out.

2010/3/28 14:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Whatever the case about all these things, as I said in the article at the beginning of this thread... salvation is when Jesus Christ takes a hold of you and your life. For there is a reality in these things.

2010/3/28 14:06Profile

Re:

These are very low views of what holiness is. How about speaking of the positive side - like victorious living despite circumstances ie not being defeated, hearing Christ speak intimately and having His mind and having the promises manifested in our lives.

2010/3/28 14:07
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well... we could speak about those things if you wish. But, that is probably better for another thread, as the purpose of this one was to look at our definition of salvation. No doubt, we will experience those things, when Jesus Christ takes a hold of our lives.

2010/3/28 14:12Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: What is Salvation?

Quote:
For ultimately, when God does take a hold of our lives, a supernatural transformation occurs, one that dominates who we are, and how we live our lives.

I think here is a wonderful truth, whether we are weslyan holiness doctrine in our understanding or reformed or whatever, this is the truth, when God comes, and lay hold of us, the transformation begins. And holiness is nothing other then Christlikness when it comes down to it. This is the end that we have been predestined towards. And slowly or faster sometimes pherhaps, he will work in us changing us more and more.

Thank you brother for the article. You have shared much good lately!

2010/3/28 14:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

And holiness is nothing other then Christlikness when it comes down to it.

Amen.

2010/3/28 14:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy