SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What is Salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Dead is dead KJ though it can come back to life, we can always get back down from the cross but in its position as dead, it is out of action and is kept out of action through faith not works.

I totally agree with that. But that does not change the fact we still have a sinful nature in our flesh, even if it has been crucified with Christ.

Quote:

Of course - you are going to go by your experience.

Whenever possible, I try to go simply by Scripture. But, when Scripture and my experience agree, I like that too.

2010/3/28 12:59Profile

Re:

So why not say we have been delivered from the presence of sin? Are you?

2010/3/28 13:02
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

So why not say we have been delivered from the presence of sin? Are you?

I am forgiven of my sins, cleansed of my sin, and released from the power of my sin. But though I am not living in any sin (that I'm aware of), I still recognize that though my sin nature has been crucified with Christ, and is dead, I still recognize its presence is there. I am aware of its existence anytime I am tempted.

2010/3/28 13:07Profile

Re:

But it you recognise its presence it is not dead. You might feel it is dead but your actual experience of it is that it is still around - and when tempted you feel it definitely. That is not the testimomy of many who said it is dead and the new life is one of behaving according to one's nature. The temptation in that state is not of sin but of acting from the natural part, the human part which is not the sin nature. This is where denial of self comes in - way past temptation of sin is concerned. When one is crucified one no longer is tempted by sin but there is temptation agreed.

2010/3/28 13:18
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

But it you recognise its presence it is not dead.

That is totally illogical. I can go to a funeral home and see dead people are still there, even though they are dead.

Quote:

That is not the testimomy of many who said it is dead and the new life is one of behaving according to one's nature.

I live according to my new nature, not my old. But I still recognize my old nature, though dead, is still there.

Quote:

When one is crucified one no longer is tempted by sin but there is temptation agreed.

When I am tempted, I am tempted by the lusts of my flesh to sin. That is the sin nature at work, trying to find a place to reign in me. But I don't have to let it reign. But because it is there, it has a place to reign, should I allow it to do so.

2010/3/28 13:22Profile

Re:

So our sanctification depends on whether we recognise sin or not in order to avoid it?

2010/3/28 13:38
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

So our sanctification depends on whether we recognise sin or not in order to avoid it?

Romans 6:11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Paul seemed to think it was important for us to recognize the sanctifying work Christ accomplished in us. He spent an entire chapter of Romans asking us to recognize what was accomplished in our salvation, so that we could walk in it.

2010/3/28 13:41Profile

Re:

What you are describing is not the freedom that Christ came to give us - if we are constantly watching. Freedom is just acting according to our nature knowing that we will not sin because Christ will keep us from falling (Jude)

To sin after we are saved from it is very serious

1Cor 3:16-17

2010/3/28 13:47
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

What you are describing is not the freedom that Christ came to give us - if we are constantly watching.

Who said anything about constantly watching? I seek to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit on a continually basis. If I set my mind on the Spirit, I will live. But if I set my mind on the flesh, I will die. Daily, temptation does come up, but when it does, God has equipped me to deal with it, having put on the full armor of God. We must nurture our new nature.

Quote:

To sin after we are saved from it is very serious

No doubt. But when it happens, we must deal with it approriately.

2010/3/28 13:52Profile

Re:

Well Jim all I can say is that your experience of daily temptation to sin and polluting the temple although still being allowed to be in it is not what myself and others understand by holiness.

What you describe is little more than what God's people had under the old order.

2010/3/28 13:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy