Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Financial Aid

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Financial Aid

I know America is bankrupt, and that any aid I receive from the government is putting our nation in ever deeper debt.

I believe Obama knows that America is beyond the point of no return, and that he is willingly destroying our economy in order to set up a new system of government... (health reform, federal takeover of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Auto Industry... etc.)

Would it be prudent / wise / correct for me to go against the wishes of my parents, which is for me to finish college, while I know that I am using money that the Federal Government really doesn't have?

I really haven't learned anything useful in VCU so far, public education is a joke. I learn more by reading books at home. The only thing I have learned is how Marxist and Anti-God every professor at the university really is.

So... that being said, do the ends justify the means?

Should I continue to go forward and finish the remainder of my education in order to earn more money, and have children etc. etc?

I honestly don't want to get married, and have no desire to do so... Bringing children into a system of tyrannical government doesn't seem responsible.

2010/3/26 23:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Financial Aid

Maybe you need to look at going to another college? Ever considered that? Our boys attended state universities and they never said anything about it being Marxist...they got degrees in industrial technology, civil engineering and Microbiology. But then this was 10-20 years ago...

ginnyrose

2010/3/26 23:53Profile
openairboy

A side political comment: seems little doubt that the Cloward-Piven Strategy is in full bloom.

I don't think you should take the money, but that doesn't mean dropping out of school. You can go part-time, work the other half, find a private loan, etc.

From my perspective, finish school, get married & have kids. I had little or no desire when I was younger, but now have the desire and it seems quite difficult to find a suitable helpmate. The system is getting bad, but it is not that bad yet. We are not in a 1 Co. 7 situation.

2010/3/27 0:06Profile
Compton

Quote:
I honestly don't want to get married, and have no desire to do so... Bringing children into a system of tyrannical government doesn't seem responsible.

Interesting and understandable.

Might I add some perspectives of an old timer;)

First of all, with respect, inspite of our governments recent descent into lawless looting, none of us Americans know anything about a tyrannical government...at leat not yet. I'm not belittling your feelings...just comparing our situation to nations like China or Iran, and dozens of other nations. Indeed, when I was visiting China, I had more freedoms to cross the borders into differnt economic zones then Chinese citizens. Here in the US, we still can cross borders, work in fields of our choosing, earn good livings, worship God without fear of imprisonment, homeschool our children, and many other historically rare things.

Second of all, we can't be afraid to live life. We must not let one winter steal all of the springs and summers of our lives. Our government isn't God almighty. They shouldn't be given the power over you to decide whether or not you should have children. Goodness gracious, whatever we do, let's not offer them anymore Godlike authority over our lives! Because if you give them the power to decide whether you should have children or not, these people will gladly accept your offer. (And half the nation would support them.)

Also, keep in mind that you as a Christian parent would be bringing your children into another Kingdom as well--- a holy and righteous nation, the Kingdom of God, whose King has the government upon His shoulders. His government is righteous and will last forever.

Again I understand your concerns, I really do. I'm not scolding or mocking, but encouraging you that we have lived through much worse times then this. You are too young and strong and filled with the life of Jesus to roll over for a bunch of bureaucrats that will be gone in just a few years.

MC

2010/3/27 0:28Profile

There's a couple of things that I sensed were missing in your post. One was a vibrant body life; a living church that you fit into. We must have some sense in life, that THIS is where the Lord has me. Every true Christian that ever was young, and desired to please the Lord has struggled as you are. "What do you want, Lord? What should I do?"

The other is the Peace that passes understanding. We may fight; we may struggle, but Peace is something that should not vary or waver, and is the Strong witness that God is with us.

There is also such a thing as Divine discontentment or Divine failure. God can drive us into the wilderness in order to create barrenness to create trust. This is always intensely personal, and it must be so. It is a good thing to be submitted to your parents, but there must come a day when you are nudged out of the nest, to learn to fly on your own.

As far as America goes, it is still your country, and as a citizen, your right to enjoy the benefits of it. Taking Pell grants, or the like, is something that American students do. I would wager that most here have; I did; but I do not see that as the real issue.

You have heard the expression "Finding Yourself".

Matthew 13:18-21

18. "Hear then the parable of the sower!"

19."When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.

20"The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;

21yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.

It is important to find that root in you that is your true spiritual identity. Otherwise, your faith may be built on a system, or a man, or an idea, and be found to be fictitious.I sadly, have seen many fall away, who began so zealous. Now, they deny Jesus.

Spare no cost on this quest, and when you find God, you will find yourself, and things will become more clear. I would advise you not to make maxims, like, "never any children", or lifetime constraints on yourself. The Lord is bigger than that. He says "Swear not!", so we don't come under condemnation when we end up being led where we swore we wouldn't go.

This may [probably] will involve taking big risks. Do it; take the risks you are led to by faith. It is here that God is proven.

Nehemiah 9:7-8

7 “You are the LORD God,
Who chose Abram,
And brought him out of Ur of the Chaldeans,
And gave him the name Abraham;

8 You found his heart faithful before You,
And made a covenant with him
To give the land of the Canaanites,
The Hittites, the Amorites,
The Perizzites, the Jebusites,
And the Girgashites—
To give it to his descendants.
You have performed Your words,
For You are righteous.

Abraham took a great risk to leave everything familiar to him, but it is written that "he believed God." All of us are the same in varying ways.

2010/3/27 5:44

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy