Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tight corners

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wind_blows

Tight corners

“There is something different between saying you have Faith, and then being pressed into a tight corner and proving that you have Faith.” (Smith Wigglesworth)

There are times when I find myself lacking courage so much so that I find when I should act, I do nothing and when I should speak, I am silent. Just now I am thoroughly ashamed of myself and sorry to have given in to self where vanity is concerned. When pressed into a tight corner...where was my faith?? Forgive me Lord

in Him

2010/3/26 1:21Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Tight corners

I ran into a similar probably and actually had to repent as well, I believe that we do such things out of self perservation but we must come to the place where we want to be Christperserved instead of Self-perserved. A battle I am fighting everyday. I will be praying for you and you can pray for me as well if the Lord should lead you to.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/26 1:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I have often found that when I profess something, the Lord will quickly test me on it. I have flunked more times than I can count. Blessedly, He issues another test and with practice it becomes easier to pass. I often pray: "Oh Lord, forgive me for being so slow!"

He is such a precious Saviour - so patient and kind. Just imagine, the God of the universe loves us enough to keep working on us, no matter how many times we fail.

2010/3/26 2:17Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Amen Heartsong, Amen!

I have noticed that when the going is easy I, and I guess many others, begin to slack off where faith is concerned. That is the time to be developing faith through diligent renewal of our mind through the word and prayer. When the test comes, we quickly realize we cannot "cram" for it like we could in school. It is a test of a totally different nature.

I thank God that He is full of grace and mercy.

Travis

2010/3/26 16:29Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
He is such a precious Saviour - so patient and kind. Just imagine, the God of the universe loves us enough to keep working on us, no matter how many times we fail.

Amen!

2010/3/26 18:21Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

Quote:
I have often found that when I profess something, the Lord will quickly test me on it.

the same with me.In our Bible study we spent the last few weeks on Ephesians 6,especially the whole armour of God.And it seemed so perfectly clear in theory-what to do and how to fight.but a test came and i have to admit... i failed.Thank Almighty God for His patience and loving kindness with us!

2010/3/26 20:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy