SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : My Utmost for His Highest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

My Utmost for His Highest

Several generations of Christians have been challenged and blessed by the ministry of Oswald Chambers. These selections of his spoken ministry were preserved by his wife in shorthand and later published by her.

Today's Devotional awaits you...

When you have read today's reading please click 'back' (top left of your browser) to get 'back' to Sermonindex.

As a book: first published in 1927.

My Utmost is the best-known of the Oswald Chambers books and the one with which most people are familiar. Mrs. Chambers compiled excerpts taken from all of Oswald’s spoken messages, which she recorded in shorthand during the seven years of their marriage.

Mrs. Chambers worked on the book for nearly three years while supporting herself and her daughter, Kathleen, by running a boarding house for university students in Oxford, England. Many of the daily readings contain material on a single theme gleaned from two or three different messages.

Most of the material in My Utmost appears in the other published books, but some of it does not, particularly that from Oswald’s talks during the weekly devotional hour at the Bible Training College. Those messages came from his heart to the students and were neither lectures nor sermons but talks about their life of faith and their walk with God. The devotional hour talks followed no theme or pattern, and many were never published in the BTC Journal or as books.

My Utmost for His Highest has been translated into at least twenty-five languages and has been continuously in print since it was first published in 1927.

Throughout My Utmost, all mentions of “this College” refer to the Bible Training College, London, 1911-1915.

I have just discovered something about the electronic version of My Utmost. The one of the official site is not the same as the original 1927. The one on the site shows signs of 'improvement' of the original Chambers. It might be good to check out the originals at times.

2004/10/13 4:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy