SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : For SI regular posters!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 For SI regular posters!

Saints,

From time to time its good to reflect on things. I feel it would be great for some of the posters to re-read part's or all of these 3 posts! I am reminded of the counsel "not" to have a discussion forum many years back. But I felt God told me to have it! The worry was the discussions would take away from the quality of the audio sermons offered. I feel at times they have. But God in His grace has allowed the discussion forums partly to be an addition of wealth, counsel and resources that complement the other vintage materials.

Remember our posts get read by literally 100+ countries in the world and are "archived" for years to come for people to search and read. May we write with eternal values in mind.

[b]MUST READ: How to make the most out of SermonIndex (SI)[/b]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14147&forum=13&6]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14147&forum=13&6[/url]

[b]MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules[/b]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27354&forum=13&0]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27354&forum=13&0[/url]

[b]MUST READ: Some notations regarding "This Forum"[/b]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19700&forum=13&13]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19700&forum=13&13[/url]

2010/3/22 1:10Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: For SI regular posters!

Thankyou Mr Gordon. Whether you ever decide by the grace of God to ever keep the dicussion-forums or not, I must say, I will continue to come to SI to be refreshed & encouraged by the sermons & excerpts found in the text-sermons. Indeed, they are like brothers from afar & ministering angels that bring we spiritual water in desert places. Thankyou for sharing your ministry with worms like me. The Lord greatly bless you sir :o)

2010/3/22 2:14Profile
wind_blows

Re: For SI regular posters!

Quote:
I am reminded of the counsel "not" to have a discussion forum many years back. But I felt God told me to have it! The worry was the discussions would take away from the quality of the audio sermons offered. I feel at times they have.

I was thinking on this just this morning. Thinking about the amount of time I spend here on this forum and other blogging sites. How much time can and does get eaten up daily in these activities and is this really what the Lord would have me be about? I do think that some of the discussions have been good but then I wonder how much of what I personally have written has ever pointed another to Jesus. After all its not about having opinions, or debating its about sharing Christ and pointing others to the Lord. If what I am typing does not do that, if it does not make another take pause and look to Jesus then its all about self any way and useless.

Just some thoughts that have been stirring around in my heart this morning. Thank you Greg for all the hard work of running this site. I know that the Lord will keep directing your path and the direction of sermon index.

in Him

2010/3/22 11:14Profile

Re:

These guidelines do not apply to me since my dogma is infallible and anyone who disagrees with me is going to fry.

2010/3/22 11:45
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
These guidelines do not apply to me since my dogma is infallible and anyone who disagrees with me is going to fry.

LoinGirder: I guess your post was meant to be funny, but truly it just seemed so out of place here when others were trying to humbly share the things the Lord has placed on their heart. I hope who ever you are that not all things that concern the Lord and His children are a joke?

Greg: thank you for the very good reminder to consider and think about what I post, knowing that one day we will give an account before the Lord. I have also been asking myself the question if what I am posting does anything to further His Kingdom and bring others to see their need for Jesus?

God bless you both
mary jane

2010/3/22 12:13Profile

Re:

Hi MJ

I can drop the satire and state it prosaically, if you like.

The only ones who will heed Greg's reminder are people like you, Wind_Blows and Yeshuasboy who always follow the guidelines anyway.

It will not give pause to jokers like LoinGirder and procyon/pollux/SueMarie/KrautFrau/JonMarie.

As long as there are people who believe that the prevalence of their own personal dogma is the key to the health of the church, there will be angry, abusive debates over Calvin vs Arminius, pre- vs post-, doctrines of sanctification, etc. Etc. etc. .

And the organized religion industry produces such people by the bushel.

2010/3/22 13:01
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg: thank you for the very good reminder to consider and think about what I post, knowing that one day we will give an account before the Lord. I have also been asking myself the question if what I am posting does anything to further His Kingdom and bring others to see their need for Jesus?

amen sister,

We will give account for "'every" word we speak even the "idle" words that we speak!

2010/3/22 13:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I love SI, the forums. To me it is like iron sharpens iron. I have been sharpened in many different ways. I have been challenged in my walk with the LORD; in how I respond to people who differ doctrinally with me; helps me to discern which doctrines are worth defending.

Because of these forms I have learned to know persons outside of the forums via PMs. Their friendships will always mean much to me.

You mods have a tough job moderating and I know God is with you all...never doubt that.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/3/22 22:05Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have been sharpened in many different ways. I have been challenged in my walk with the LORD; in how I respond to people who differ doctrinally with me; helps me to discern which doctrines are worth defending.

Amen sister.

2010/3/23 5:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy