SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : America denounces 'Obamacare' threat

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
all this hyperventilating over providing medical insurance to the least of these

Right... nothing like a health care bill that "cares for the poor" while funding abortions. "Oh Lord, I helped the sick poor and killed their babies". That's going to go over real well on judgment day.

Obama's excuctive order doesn't overide whatever the law of the land is.

It's amazing how people can make the poor into an idol instead of treating all the same no matter what their condition is.

When John the Baptist asked Jesus if He was the one or should we expect another ...what did Jesus say? "We provided government health care for the poor and offered them governemnt funded abortions?"

No..He said the poor "Have the GOSPEL preached to them".

2010/3/22 15:58

Re:

Quote:
all this hyperventilating over providing medical insurance to the least of these

The least of these HAVE health care already... No one can be denied proper health care in this country. The government already pays for it.

This is not about "providing medical insurance to the least of these". If you think so, please... educate yourself and find out what this is REALLY about.

(Neil... just saw that was you who wrote that, buddy. I still love ya, even tho I disagree more than ever with you on this one!)

Krispy

2010/3/22 16:01
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Just my personal witness: I went to a Tea Party protest in Charlotte, NC on April 15th of last year. But today, and for the next 2 days, I was doing and am doing open-air evangelism at UNC Charlotte. If I wasn't already doing homeless ministry Saturday night, I would have caught one of the busses heading to DC for Saturday's protest. Seems to me, we as a Christians should do both.

I also like to vote :-)

*edit*

2010/3/22 16:12Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Chris

Quote:
What I found to be most remarkable about this health care bill is that most Americans don't even know what is in it!

I will be the first to admit because of struggles I have with obsessing and being fearful, I have not read this bill myself. My husband has been following it and from time to time will share with me. He is kind of my shield so I do not get caught up in this and take my focus off of Christ. I will say though that he has been shocked at much of what is in this bill, how much control it gives the government.

Quote:
When all is said and done…and we have been residents of Eternity for infinite infinites…the passing of this legislation (and legislation like it) won’t seem to be too important. The most important thing is what we did with Jesus. Did we meet with Him daily as we walked through the “wilderness of this world?” Did we long to see His face more than anything else? Did we spend our lives seeking to know Him and introduce Him to others? Did our light shine brightly everywhere we went (Matthew 5:16)? Did we truly love our wives and children and shower them with the love of God and the example of men who know and fellowship with God?

I agree with you in this. This questions have been so much on my heart of late. I pray as I grow in Him the answer to all of these will be YES by His strength!!

Quote:
I don't mean to engage in a political discussion by this post. I understand that there are some believers here who oppose all threads regarding to legislation -- or personal views thereof (which could change if one is forced to stand before a "just" or "unjust judge" in regard to this). I love all of you so deeply that words could not express it! We might not agree on "earthly" (or even "spiritual") peculiarities, but we can support one another with the love of God that surpasses all understanding.

Dear brother there has been a time or two when we did not agree but I just wanted to say you never made me feel attacked because of it. I am grateful for that. As I walk in Him I pray that my eyes would remain on Him and that I would have the love of Him to share with others and Extend myself to them in His blessed name!! I am grateful for the liberty to walk in what He has placed on my heart and I am thankful that you have this same liberty in Him!!

God Bless
mj

2010/3/22 16:21Profile

Krispy Steve

you wrote:

Quote:
(Neil... just saw that was you who wrote that, buddy. I still love ya, even tho I disagree more than ever with you on this one!)

do you really think that matters to me?

oh yeh, and the word below should be spelled , "hypocrisy", a word that fits well with this whole thread.

2010/3/22 16:29

Re: Krispy Steve

Quote:
oh yeh, and the word below should be spelled , "hypocrisy", a word that fits well with this whole thread.

Your exactly right! There's nothing quite as hypocritical as supposedly helping one group of people (the poor) and killing another (babies). Hell is surely a just place for hypocrites of this sort.

2010/3/22 17:01
fieldlaborer

Re:

Quote:
I grow tired of some Christians who assume that just because there are believers who pay attention to whats going on in our world, and even get involved in something like politics then that means thats all these believers do... and that they do not minister or evangelize. Where does this haughty, judgemental attitude come from?

This is not what I said or meant at all. I just don't want Christians, who hold the truth that can set people free for eternity to be consumed with a political agenda. It is easy to do, I have been there. Maybe you should read the last part of what I wrote earlier.

Quote:
I am not saying the Christian can not be informed or concerned with this bill. I just pray we don't let our interest in politics consume us to the point that we spend more time in energy fighting health care reform than seeking after a lost soul that needs to hear the Good News. God Bless.

If you can find in the bible Krispy where we should be more concerned with stopping health care reform than winning people for Christ then please post it and I will apologize. You're right Paul was informed, I never said we shouldn't be. Paul's whole goal was to win more for Christ, not stop a political system. If Jesus was really concerned with stopping bad politics then He would have kicked the Romans out of Israel, He would have done what Peter wanted Him to do, but He didn't. Instead He rebuked Peter for being concerned with earthly things and not the things of God.

I believe if Christ were here today he would rebuke many of us, myself included, for being concerned with earthly things (our bank account) instead of the things of God.

I just want to win as many to Christ as possible, because I know one day Jesus will be coming back, Jesus will take over and rule the world. At that point it won't matter what country we lived in, how fiercely we opposed the health care take over, or how much we paid in tax to a corrupt government. All that will matter is how faithfully we served the Lord and how many people we led to Christ.

God Bless.

2010/3/22 17:30Profile

Sean Scott

you wrote at me:

Quote:
Hell is surely a just place for hypocrites of this sort.

of any sort, Sean. Careful who you wish cast into hell, that bema seat, where God plays back the 'DVD/CD' of OUR lives, is going to a very intense experience.... careful.

by the by, just to check where your hearts at, and your ministry, i did go to your website and read everything. i was going to ignore you, but chose to respect your online utterances and on line ministry, by at the very least, reading your words.

2010/3/22 17:33
wind_blows

Re: Krispy Steve

Quote:

Brother I am just trying to get an understanding on your heart here, are you saying if a fellow christian who post to this thread and does not agree with you is a hypocrite?

in Him
ellie

2010/3/22 17:40Profile

sister Ellie

you asked:

Quote:
Brother I am just trying to get an understanding on your heart here, are you saying if a fellow christian who post to this thread and does not agree with you is a hypocrite?

Ellie, did i SAY that? I am VERY precise about my words and wording, it matters not one whit whether anybody human agrees with me, not one whit.
here's the dictionary definition of hypocrisy:

1.a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2.a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Circa late 2002/early 2003, i do believe i was one of few IF ANY, posters who said that pre-emptive war with Iraq is not only ill-advised, and/or built on a house of lies, and has nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks, and i'll tell you, i am no left wing dove, and at that time, on this forum, there were many many folks on this very forum, who cheerleadeed along with the Bush administration, as they lied their way into a nightmarish hell-like quagmire that has bankrupted this nation, and where so many of my brothers and sisters have laid their lives down for , as well as hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens.

many who post on this forum, cheerleaded this insanity, this folly.....oh my sister, they're quiet now, in part because Iraq has been seen as a terrible strategic blunder, but also since Nov 2008, President Barack Obama was elected, and they have something new to cauterwaul about, and if not slandering the President, then they can get into a CAL/ARM cyber scrum, or any number of frivolous "doctrinal" shoving matches......just soiled rags....but in answert to your question, agree with me, disagree with me, doesnt matter and no, i did not term anybody a "hypocrite", i was just trying to help Steve with his spelling, and i did say the word fit well with this thread, much the same way lime fits with a newly buried corpse.

is that clear and concise?

2010/3/22 18:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy