SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does the truth matter anymore?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Enid,

Another profound reality is that while these type of conditions prevailed 2500 years ago and we are here now so many years later, God did not bring an end to life on this planet, but it is still thriving which means God still has work for us to do. One of the jobs is not to crawl in to hole or as Jeremiah said, "go out into the desert, get away from people!" Kind of comforting to know that these feelings of disgust are universal among God's children...

Have a blessed day, Enid!

ginnyrose

2010/4/7 8:22Profile

Re:

Thank you ginnyrose for the text. That passage truly spoke to my heart and it really expresses how all of us feel today. But more important than that I think it truly expresses how God feels.

You're right, nothing has changed in the last 2500 some odd years. And I remember a Keith Green sermon and he was preaching about the state of the church and nothing has changed from then (1970's)until now. We've gotten fancier but nothing has changed.

It's beginning to look like very few people will make it to heaven. I don't know if I'm wrong about this but I don't have any concrete backing but I just don't see it today.

There was a story told to me about someone overhearing a pastor in the bathroom this.

"I'll be happy if 5% of my congregation makes it to heaven"

Right now I'm thinking it's closer to 1%.

2010/4/9 22:22
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
I'm beginning to look like very few people will make it to heaven. I don't know if I'm wrong about this but I don't have any concrete backing but I just don't see it today.

I do Jesus said Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

This truth here can be interpreted many different ways but to this day and age where few care to find the small gate and to walk the narrow path its hard to say a great multitude probably will choose the comfort of the board road instead of take the time to walk the narrow one.

2010/4/9 23:53Profile

Re: dear Codek

2010/4/10 1:25
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

codek wrote:

"I'll be happy if 5% of my congregation makes it to heaven"

Years ago I heard a preacher quote this from a preacher-friend of his. This fellow put the figure at 10% and this was from the Bible Belt! And I do not doubt that anyone would disagree that things has been on a downward spiral since then.

ginnyrose

2010/4/10 8:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy