SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : its been a long week(don't know what to do)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wind_blows

its been a long week(don't know what to do)

It has been a long week.I think I have a really difficult decision coming my way. My mom is a very confused woman who is often very lonely. I woke up very late last night and heard her crying, I went in to check on her and at first she would not tell me what was upsetting her but then I told her that if she wanted me to help her she must tell me. She admitted to her fears of me leaving and going back to Jase. She is very afraid i will abandon her as my dad did. My mom had me rather late in their marriage(they were already having troubles) and my dad wanted mom to get rid of me. When she wouldn't things went from bad to worse. When he did finally leave her she was so crushed by it. I remember watching her beg him to stay, but he just left and ended up with another much younger woman. My mom spent time in the hospital after that, she was so depressed, she tried to take her own life. It was all to much for her. There are days when she still loves my dad and talks about missing him and then there are days that she hates him. It all just depends on how she is feeling. Last night she told me that my brother got a letter from my dad. In the letter my dad said that he is getting married again. I don't know why my brother told my mom except that he knew it would upset her and then he would not have to give up his weekend to stay with her. My brother can be like my dad some times, thinks a lot of himself.
At least now I know why she has been so depressed and upset recently. I called Jase and left him a message on his cell, told him I can not come again this weekend. I can't leave my mom alone when she is so sick and like this and I can't expect her to make the trip its to long a drive for her right now. Besides she does not like Jase, she thinks he is just like my dad and that he is just trying to hurt me like my dad did to her. I want to help my mom understand that it was not only Jase that was at fault when we separated, that I was very much at fault as well and that there is a huge difference in my marriage then hers. Jase and I are both committed to the Lord and to each other because of that, that was something my mom and dad never had.

Anyway I am not going to get to see Jase again this weekend, I did not get to go last weekend because of moms situation. I have not heard back from Jase so not sure if he is upset or not...I have a terrible feeling that it could come down to me having to decide whether to mom in a care home or my marriage? Any advice

in Him
Ellie

2010/3/19 16:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: its been a long week(don't know what to do)

Quote:
I have a terrible feeling that it could come down to me having to decide whether to mom in a care home or my marriage? Any advice

I fear this as well. No, I know this is what will likely happen - you will be in a position where you will have to choose between Jase and your mom.

Ellie, you vowed before God and the witnesses that you will be faithful to your husband.....how can you break your vow for your mom? Do you not see how the devil is working to destroy your marriage through your mom? Ellie, one of the sins that will bar a person from heaven is 'covenant breakers'. Romans 1:31. Think about that!

Will continue to pray for you!

ginnyrose

2010/3/19 19:07Profile
HeartSong

Re: its been a long week(don't know what to do)

Awhile back, not too many years ago, a young man spoke to me about courage and it changed my life. Somehow I had never realized that the Lord would have it that we have courage. When I read my Bible after that, there it was, all over the place.

With my new found courage, I stood against all of the things around me that were wrong, which was primarily the relationships within my family. I had let Satan use my family to bind me, to get me to do things that were against the will of God. Extricating myself was the most painful thing that has ever happened me - I thought I was going to die and had such agony of soul that I saw vestiges of myself walking away into the forest.

It was after this, after I stood for what was right in the eyes of the Lord, that He began to move in my life. You are facing a fork in the road - I pray that you chose the right path.

2010/3/19 20:25Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
Awhile back, not too many years ago, a young man spoke to me about courage and it changed my life. Somehow I had never realized that the Lord would have it that we have courage. When I read my Bible after that, there it was, all over the place. With my new found courage, I stood against all of the things around me that were wrong, which was primarily the relationships within my family. I had let Satan use my family to bind me, to get me to do things that were against the will of God. Extricating myself was the most painful thing that has ever happened me - I thought I was going to die and had such agony of soul that I saw vestiges of myself walking away into the forest.

What you wrote here was so beautiful it made me cry. I am so sorry for the pain you went through. I do think I need courage.

Thank you
Ellie

2010/3/19 20:37Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Thank you ginnyrose. I am waiting still to hear from Jase(he has not called) so we can make plans on what to do. There will be no help from my siblings, they have made that clear. No real surprise here though.

in Him
ellie

2010/3/19 20:39Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Just wanted to say thank you to those who have been praying for me and my marriage. There have been some ups and downs but last night my husband came to town(to surprise me) and we prayed together then he spoke for along time with my mom. I think the Lord has worked on my mothers heart because she listened to Jase and was actually very nice to him. Jase parents have offered to fix up a room for my mom in their house so she will not be alone and she will still be near me. Jase will be coming to town every weekend to see me and to get to know mom better. I think this will make mom more comfortable around him and she is already seeing how different he is. She asked me today what I thought had happened that brought about this change in him and I told her it was Jesus. She said when she is feeling better she might like to hear more about that. Mom and i will be moving back home by mid June. This will give me time to finish up classes, give notice at my job and get some other things done. I am very excited about how the Lord has been working in my life. He is so faithful!! All my thanks goes to the Lord for His constant care.

in Him
ellie

2010/3/21 0:36Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Oh praise the Lord! He always knows just exactly what to do. Is it not a beautiful thing to watch the way that He unfolds His plans - always the perfect thing at the perfect time and now He is drawing your mother too! Hallelujah!

2010/3/21 1:11Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,the bible tells one to leave[father and mother or home] and cleave to there spouse.jimp iwill be praying for you.

2010/3/21 1:17Profile
Nellie

Re:

Ellie,
I'm so thankful God answered prayer for you.
He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly. all that we ask or think, according to the Power that worketh within us. Eph.3:20.
We all need to remember that it is God's Power, and not our own.
May He continue to bless you and your Husband, and your Mother.
Jesus made provision for His Mother.
I'm so glad that your husband was able to talk with her.
God's best to all of you.
Nellie

2010/3/21 7:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy