SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why do Hutterites live the way they do?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
4GIVEN1

Manitoba Canada

Why do Hutterites live the way they do?

Does anyone know or understand what hutterites believe, is the foundation of Christ, Where did this movement begin?

2010/3/19 10:25Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Why do Hutterites live the way they do?

Well thanks to the internet there is much information on these folks.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutterite]Wikipedia[/url]

I am sure the verse to come out from among them and be ye separate has a lot to do with their style of living.

However we are called to walk that way in the midst of the world. We can not be salt and light if we are that only unto ourselves. We must impact the world around us even as the early church did.

However living the life of all things in common, none have too much and none too little is a biblical principle and will probably be something the church returns to in the future out of necessity. How can you say you have the love of God when you see your brother in need and shut up your heart and not give him the things he needs if you are able.

2010/3/19 10:44Profile
4GIVEN1

Manitoba Canada

Re:

Thanks for the response Brother I have been reading missionary stories that had taken place in red China, Russia, Mostly Communistic Countries and I find a surprising amount of similarities between the way Communist governments were set up and the way Hutterite Colonies are being ruled both have a hierarchy, both have 1 man in total control, lives are being dictated in both situations, both are taught to offer their life for the furthering of earthly domains, and saddest of all both persecute true followers of Jesus Christ. I have friends that got kicked off the Colony because they got Born Again and started to preach That Jesus IS The Only Way, The Only Truth, and The Only Life!
Maybe im missing things or overstated things, I stand to be corrected, please don’t hesitate to rebuke or correct me.
In Him 4GIVEN1

2010/3/19 13:07Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

They are well-worth studying. They were birthed in revival and a clear part of the testimony of God's church in the ages.

A good book to purchase on this topic is "The Pilgrim Church by B.H. Broadbent"

2010/3/19 13:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Here is a website that may give you some info:
http://www.hutterites.org/HutteriteHistory/Hutteritehistoryoverview.htm

One point where they differed from the other Anabaptists is in their practice of the community of goods, receiving the inspiration from the early church as recorded in Acts 4:32. In the years since there were other groups who practiced it but the Hutterites were the only ones who were able to maintain this philosophy all these years - since 1528.

ginnyrose

2010/3/19 19:24Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

[i]"receiving the inspiration from the early church as recorded in Acts 4:32."[/i]

[i]"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common."[/i]

There is nothing wrong with following the works of the early Church; in fact, I think that the people of God (The Bride) shall once again be like this (communal living) in the days to come (I am not a pre-trib evacuee believer).

I only have one major issue with Hutterites communal living, and it's called legalism. Why are they doing it?

Religious compulsion (aka the mandatory law of communal living and other dead works) are not works born in the Holy Spirit. The early Church had all things in common because there was a mighty move of God's Holy Spirit in their midst, besides being persecuted by the Jews. I wrote an article about legalism here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31914&forum=36&4

Will we strive in our flesh to please God when this will merit us no favor at all? We are the recipients of mercy and grace and not of wages. We are to walk in obedience to God's will, a work not in the flesh but of the new birth in the Holy Spirit, which is a work in the heart, mind and spirit.

I so want a mighty move of the Holy Spirit to come, that God will pour out His mercy on us, that He will give us the victory over the prince of the air in every aspect of our lives. The key to all of this is found in Deuteronomy 6:5 and Matthew 22:37 - this is not works of the flesh but are Spirit. I want to be filled with the Spirit of God so I can love Him like this, so that I can pour out my heart and offer it to Him. I want to love Him in my spirit. I had an open vision once (a brief second) when I was praying the Lord's prayer as I was driving. I was praying rather fervently and when I got to the part "thy kingdom come, thy will be done" I saw heaven opened and saw men and angels standing before the throne of God worshiping Him. I did not see God,just the look on their faces as they were worshiping Him. It was perhaps the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed - the love that was shared there is beyond words to describe it. I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and any works that I will do I want to do it because I have an insatiable love and desire for God, and because I want to please Him with all of my heart. The works will come as we love God. Loving God is a work of the Holy Spirit; therefore, seek the Holy Spirit of God and let Him apply God's word's to our hearts. The good works will come based on relationship. And how can I not love my brother, who also is born of God, when it is God in them that I am in love with. It's not so hard to understand 1 John 4:20

At least this is where I am right now.

2010/3/19 21:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I think that the people of God (The Bride) shall once again be like this (communal living) in the days to come

Interesting that you said this. In the past few days I have been wondering if circumstances, because of government policies, will force believers into this type of relationship? To make matters worse, I wonder if somewhere down the not-to-distant future old folks will be euthanized because they no longer contribute to society according to some gov official?

My rabbit trail....

ginnyrose

2010/3/19 22:52Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

You know there just might be some joy in having all things in common. Nobody too much, nobody to little. Equality out of a heart of love, not law. It just might happen again before He comes out of necessity.

2010/3/19 23:55Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
Interesting that you said this. In the past few days I have been wondering if circumstances, because of government policies, will force believers into this type of relationship?

To make matters worse, I wonder if somewhere down the not-to-distant future old folks will be euthanized because they no longer contribute to society according to some gov official?

My rabbit trail....

ginnyrose

I think that the time will indeed come again when Christians will be forced into communities out of necessity; this will surely happen during the Great Tribulation.

2010/3/22 0:27Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: God's health care

I'm thinking I posted this is the wrong thread!! Sorry!

2010/3/22 6:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy