SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Watch out for they are Ravinous Wolves

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Watch out for they are Ravinous Wolves

I know that this may not be Kosher to do but I was wondering if you all could advise me of preacher/teachers to avoid because they preach a half gospel, Social Gospel, prosperity gospel? Add any other gospel that would detract from Christ and His glory. I know that people's opinions will be involved in this so I am mainly looking for the preachers that are just way off their gospel rockers.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/11 9:04Profile

Re: Watch out for they are Ravinous Wolves

brother,

Quote:
I know that this may not be Kosher

then why throw out the chum bait, why throw out the troll bait?

i'm sure you're smart, clever, discerning, then do your own due diligence, pray over the results, ponder them, listen to the Holy Spirit, and go in the way you will.

Such entreaties as you have made just make for unprofitable threads. i say this in Jesus' love.

2010/3/11 11:29
jmooney6

Re:

Well Brother,

There is one preacher who is truly a wolf in need of our prayer, misusing God's Word for his own gain, and denying publicly that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. This is Joel Osteen. Please remember to pray for Joel Osteen to truly come to Christ and be redeemed so that he can stop his "Best Life Now" campaign and use his popularity to campaign for Christ instead.

2010/3/15 12:59Profile

There are numerous threads on SI that deal with the heresy issues. You may search them here, or google them and some may link here. There are hundreds and hundreds of Christian watch sites that have extensive lists that you may investigate.

Two that I recommend are:
1.Sola Dei Gloria
2.End time prophetic words

Then you will be able to make your own decisions...but in general, discussing personalities on SI is somewhat discouraged because of it's probable slide into mud slinging, and the offenses that seem to follow.

I suggest that you consult with your Pastor or a mature Christian mentor to help guide you through the swamp. There are so many out there that are more wolf than lamb, and it is a good thing you realize that.

May God guide you in a Psalm 23 way Matthew.

2010/3/15 13:29
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you Brother Tom this was an encouragement, my real concern is my father he watches a lot of TV preachers and says some weird stuff sometimes in agreement with them. He knows the Lord and the Full Gospel so He should be smart enough to understand Truth from Half Truth but some of the comments he makes seem like He doesn't though he does. He once said Ben Hinn was on the right track and knows what he is talking about. This the why the birth of the post occured, its not intended for Mud Slinging but understand that it definitely could head that direction. Thanks for the sites I will definitely use them.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/15 19:17Profile

Re:

@ jmooney6

Thanks for bringing this up.

Just to let you guys know, we did pray for Joel in our weekly prayer meeting last night.

@ all

Is a social gospel a humanitarian gospel where we help the poor, the sick without the name of Jesus?

2010/3/20 2:14
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Matthew,
I am told that people who handle cash are taught how to ID counterfeit money: they train by studying the genuine; that way they will be able to discern the counterfeit when it comes their way.

In like manner: we must study the genuine, the Scriptures itself, let it hide in your heart where it will teach you and with the illumination of the Holy Spirit it will protect you. Most folks will never be able to know all the false prophets out there and know what they teach, but if you know God and his will He will reveal it to you. Sometimes you may not even be able to lay a finger on why this man/teaching seems to be wrong but you do well to listen to these red flags. In time you may learn the why but if you don't that is OK as well. God has the final authority, not some man/woman somewhere else.

My thoughts....
ginnyrose

2010/3/20 11:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy