SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have a question?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I think it is silly to pass off dreams as only "our minds processing bits and pieces of submerged miscellaneous information" just because you prefer to take the scientific approach.

Sorry I came off as silly. That was not my intention. I said such occurences weren't impossible, but rare for today.

Brother Paul

2010/3/10 20:37Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
I really think it must grieve the heart of God the way we so often try complicate and codify and mystify the way He communicates to His children.

This may be true. I imagine it may greive God [b]anytime[/b] and [b]however[/b] He is somehow interupted from speaking to someone, whether it is by rancor or raucous, by criticisim and synicisim in reaction to those that have abused spiritual revelation, or by the abuse of it itself.

2010/3/10 20:41Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Paul,

Quote:
I said such occurences weren't impossible, but rare for today.

How would we know that Paul, given that there are 6 billion people on the planet?

2010/3/10 20:45Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
In my opinion, it is presumptious to assume that God will choose to reveal everything to us plainly because He is Father.

Again, like Veronica, my words have been somewhat embellished upon. I never said God must reveal "everything" to us in a plain manner; I am simply sharing that "plain and simple" and direct to the heart has proven to be his most prevalent method of communicating to His children today.

2010/3/10 20:47Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
How would we know that Paul, given that there are 6 billion people on the planet

Chris, you're instigating an argument now, and I am going to end my part now. Thanks for the discussion. God bless you brother.

Brother Paul

2010/3/10 20:49Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Paul,

I think it was worth subsantiating a statment like that.

2010/3/10 20:52Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Everyone, I appolgise for one more post here, pelase forgive me this:

MaryJane, please forgive me for distracting from your situation.

And brother Paul, please forgive me if I have been antagonistic to you in a anway. May GOd richly bless you always brother.

Chris

2010/3/10 21:04Profile
maizie

Re: I have a question?

Sometimes the dream is for a future time and when it unfolds you will recognize its meaning. Your spirit can understand long before your intellect when it is given from God because it is Spirit to spirit.

2010/3/10 21:24Profile
norton330

Re:

mj

in my experiences with dreams I give them no aknowledgment after their occurence UNLESS there is a clear Word from God with it. For instance I dreamed the other night I was being chased around my house by a black widow spider. I woke up and heard "a little bit of leaven, leavens the whole loaf." What did this pretain to? Fear. I was letting something small, but poisonous (anxiety) chase me around and terrify me. It started with a little question that turned into a lot of fear and anxiety.

I would say if it comes with a clear, biblical Word that explains it to pay it heid. Otherwise dismiss it. I have had several dreams come true that I did not aknowledge. They were simply dreams of realistic events, and when the event really came up it was a De Ja Vu moment, and I had an opportunity to react in a manner different than in my dream. I could react as Christ or as myself, God gave me grace to react as Christ in those instances.

Just focus and walk with Christ.

2010/3/12 7:07Profile

Re: I have a question?

Hi MJ,

Quote:
Even after much prayer I do not understand this dream or why I keep having it night after night?

Sometimes another person will be given the interpretation. A person who is genuinely a Christian, but has no revelation, will honestly tell you they don't know either. I believe the person who had the dream will know what is from the Lord and what is not.

Having said all that, Leanne Payne had a dream repeatedly, which had similarities but slight changes as well, and the Lord eventually explained it to her. That actual interpretation was really obvious, once she understood what it was connected to in her life, and after that she was able to pray constructively into the issues which came to her understanding, and move forwards in faith.

2010/3/12 8:15

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy