Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking for a church in London

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
castling

Looking for a church in London

Hey all,

Was wondering if someone could recommend a good church in London - one which is biblically-sound and Spirit-filled. Perhaps the London equivalent of Wilkerson's Times Square church.

Thanks!

2010/3/10 6:38Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Looking for a church in London

Hello,
I live near London. Where about do you live?

2010/3/10 15:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There are some good brothers that go to "spurgeons tabernacle" but that is a very conservative and reformed church. I am not sure if there is a spirit filled TSC type of church in london. There should be.

2010/3/10 15:38Profile

I have friends who attend Westminster Chapel where R. T. Kendall pastors, and also friends at All Souls Church at Oxford Circus where John Stott is the pastor emeritus, but neither of these are Spirit-filled churches like Times Square Church in NYC (which I attend).

Hillsongs has a small church plant in the Haymarket (theatre district), but I don't know anything about the quality of preaching there. You may find your richest times alone in the closet of prayer and in home meetings, but I will be happy to be proven wrong. May God bless you as you seek His will for a home church.

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec <><

2010/3/10 16:47
Billingham

Try Kensington Temple,part of the Elim Pentecostal Churches here in the UK.Kensington Park Rd.Notting Hill Gate
[email protected]
Every Blessing Tony

2010/3/10 17:09Profile
castling

Re:

Thanks for the replies, guys.

re: narrowpath

I'll be based in central London at Aldwych, but certainly don't mind travelling a fair distance.

2010/3/10 23:52Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Some mentioned Churches here that I see differing a lot in their beliefs from TSC New York to say the least.

In general you have to be really careful and prayerfully to chose your fellowship, or better, allow the Lord to make your choice. There is no perfect church, they are all work in progress, but there is definitely one that the Lord wants you to be in.

2010/3/11 15:15Profile
castling

Re:

It's always the Lord's leading =)

2010/3/11 20:38Profile

There are Spirit filled house-fellowships in the London area, and, the Chinese church used to be full of genuinely changed people. I'm not in London though, and daren't make a random suggestion. For sure there is a lot of Christian activity, there are sound missions, and many dear saints with whom to mingle. The Lord will 'join' you somewhere, as you are open to His leading.

2010/3/13 10:13
ccchhhrrriiisss

Since Brother David has traveled to London in the past, you might actually give Times Square Church a call. They might be able to offer assistance too.

Of course, I am confident that you are prayerful for the Lord to lead you as HE chooses fit!

2010/3/13 12:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy