Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Great Question - Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

The Great Question - Murray

THE GREAT QUESTION

“ ‘Believe ye that I am able to do this?’ They said unto Him, ‘Yea, Lord."’——Matt. 9:28.

" ‘IF thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth And straight-way the father of the child said with tears:‘Lord, I believe; help Thou mine unbelief ’ "(Mark 9:23-24).

"Jesus said, ‘He that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. Believest thou this?’ She saith unto Him, ‘Yea, Lord, I believe’ "(John 11:25-27).

Because of what we have seen and heard of Christ Jesus, our heart is ready, in answer to His question, to say with Martha: “Yea, Lord, I have believed that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God." But when it comes to the point of believing that what Christ has promised us regarding the power of the resurrection life is true of His abiding presence every day and all the day—we do not find it so easy to declare, "I do believe that this omnipotent, omnipresent, unchangeable Christ, our Redeemer God, will in very deed walk with me all the day, and give me the unceasing consciousness of His holy presence." It seems to be too much to venture. And yet it is just this faith for which Christ asks and which He is waiting to work within us.

It is well that we understand clearly what the conditions are on which Christ offers to reveal to us in experience the secret of His abiding presence. God cannot force His blessings on us against our will. He seeks in every possible way to stir our desire, and to help us to realize that He is able and most willing to make His promises true. The resurrection of Christ from the dead is His great plea, His all-prevailing argument. If He could raise the dead Christ, who had died under the burden of all our sin and curse, it means that surely He can, now that Christ has conquered death and is to us the Resurrection and the Life, fulfill in our hearts His promise that Christ can be so with us and so in us that He Himself should be our life all the day.

So now the great question comes: ln view of what we have said and seen about Christ as our Lord, as our redeeming God, are we willing to take His word in all simplicity in its divine fullness of meaning and to rest in the promise: "Lo, l am with you all the day"? Christ’s question comes to us individually: "Believest thou this?" Let us not rest until we have bowed be fore Him and said, "Yea, Lord, I do believe."

-from [i]The Secret of the Abiding Presence[/i] by Andrew Murray

2010/3/7 11:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: The Great Question - Murray

In matters of faith, this question must be resolved:
"But who do you say that I Am??" This decides our
destiny; it rests upon the assurance and conviction
of Christ as our Savior.

In matters of the heart, this question must be asked:
"Do you love Me more than these??" The love of GOD
should fill our hearts and the Spirit of GOD yearns
to possess us. There can be no room on the throne
of our lives for any other save the LORD.

ANDREW MURRAY

2010/3/7 15:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy