SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wild Witnessing: open-air in Deep Ellum

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hey guys,

Thanks alot for the encouragement. The more that we bring the gospel to the lost then the more opposition that we will face but thats fine because both preaching the gospel and facing opposition adds to our treasure in Heaven. We absolutely must go and reach the lost. I really don't like facing opposition. I know of preachers who enjoy having to go to court and getting arrested but for me, I would rather preach the gospel without facing opposition. But opposition or not the gospel needs to be preached. No matter how much the opposition increases, the gospel is too important. The blood of Christ is too precious and valuable for the lost not to know about it. I'm glad people are encouraged by my witnessing stories, but what does it encourage you to do? My hope and my prayer is that others, like you guys, will take the gospel of Life to our dying world. We need to both read the bible and live the bible. I encourage all of us to live the gospel by publicly proclaiming what Christ has told us in secret on the housetops.

2004/10/24 17:11
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Jesus is standing up Brother Jesse!!

Hey Brother Jesse,

I just to say praise the Lord for what he's doing in your life.

You came to mind this morning and I thought of a sermon I recently heard at church. We all know that Jesus sits at the right hand of the father. Here's one of many verses that supports this conclusion. Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever.

I suggest going back and reading the story of Stephen. I want to mention two verses though. Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

As you can see, this is when Stephen was getting stoned by the crowd and was Jesus sitting? No my friend, he was standing (which implies that we was attentively watching and likely cheering).

Do you want to get Jesus standing up? Speak the Word of God with boldness and authority in love. The persecution WILL come (looks at Acts 7:54) but who cares when Jesus himself rises because you will see His glory. Praise God brother for this work he is doing in your heart.

2004/10/24 17:50Profile
dohzman

Re:

Back in 1991-1992 I ran a street team on the streets of Canton,Ohio(town of the Pro Football Hall of Fame)it was during that time that we had an unusual manifestation of the presence of God.In a space of less than 6months we preached in front of 9 bars and 6 of them closed down.Ours is a small town of only 90k people so word spread fast.We had 2 pushers/pimps get converted and to present they minister with David Wilkerson ministries.Several prostitutes came off the streets and cleaned up and now serve the Lord.Several hundred children came to know the Lord Jesus Christ. It wasn't without cost though. I had a hit contract on my life as did the other pastors in this outreach work.The Detroit Gang placed a contract on our lives because the children they were using as runners for thier drugs were getting saved.The Lord protected us but we were all ready to die for Christ's sake.It was ironic that the same police that used to threaten us came and warned us of this contract---it was the head of stark county task force at the time.We continued anyway,to die is gain.During this time I was shoot at--had guns pulled and put to my head and watched as the people tried to pull the trigger but couldn't----knives pulled ---vehicles tried to run me and the team over---threats---Oh and yes---legal difficulties---You see , we had a brother who developed tracts for us,some of them are presently are available with the bible tract society, anyway the City tried first to stop us fron preaching with noise ordeniences and then with litter charges--David actually had to go before a jury of his peers on charges where he was eventually aquitted.He's with the Lord now. So you see by brother----some of us have already been where you are going and speak out of experience,not theories or far away advice having no real idea as to what you're going through,but sound judgement ---having gone before you. God Bless Your ministry---Oh---and yes, I'll be preaching in NY City this spring on the streets, Lord willing.

2004/10/24 23:12Profile

Re:

wow! Those are the stories I like to hear!!! Praise God

2004/10/25 1:26

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy