SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Documentary with brother Greg, Paul Washer, and others in it.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Above all, study Whitefield's tearful open-air pleadings.

Amen. I believe open air "pleading" is more needed then "preaching". Very good point dear brother.

2010/3/25 23:50Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Just listened to Brother Paul Washer preach open-air big thumbs UP!! That is how I hope to preach everytime.

God lead me through what I think is the pattern He wishes to use at least for me it worked.

He first awakened my heart that something was wrong inside of me. I seeked God's face on the matter to reveal what was wrong with me and to expose my heart.

Three days passed everyday God bringing me to tears and on the third night God exposed my wicked heart and showed me His Holiness.

I was utterly broken and terrified because the next day God revealed to me His Justice, not only His Justice but His Good Holy Justice. This again didn't bring comfort to my heart so I continued to pray and seek God's face. Then I went to the Onething conference in KC and the holy spirit spoke to me and said I am Just and I am Holy but Mercy Triumphs over Justice and if you repent I show you Mercy.

I assure you I was over joyed to find His Mercy and know it as a Hell deserving SINNER. I was still troubled though because there was another attribute that I lacked and that was His Unfailing Love. He said the next day I not only want to show a contrite heart Mercy but I LOVE IT and I love you. I was filled with the Joy of the Lord.

I present: A Holy God
A Just God
A Good God
A God with Justified Wrath
A God of Mercy and Grace
A God of Love
Its in this order I present and will probably continue to present the gospel.

I give 100% credit to God but if it wasn't for a man of God preaching a FULL Gospel message I don't think I ever would have been awakened to my sin and my wicked heart. God is definitely using Paul Washer and ANYONE preaching a full gospel. So I encourage you Saints to KEEP it up you never know when it will touch the heart of a wicked sinner like me. I was a Pharisee that God transformed into a Child of God by His grace. And this is my testimony and I love it for what it is nor am I ashamed of it.

Thanks For Sharing I desire to present the gospel and not shout Obsenities at people.

2010/3/26 0:21Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just listened to Brother Paul Washer preach open-air big thumbs UP!! That is how I hope to preach everytime.

Amen. His preaching is here that people can watch:

[b]Paul Washer Open Air Preaching in Lima[/b]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=987]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=987[/url]

2010/3/26 4:15Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Thanks For Sharing I desire to present the gospel and not shout Obsenities at people.

Amen. Sadly, many are deceived and think because they shout obscenities, and draw an angry crowd that is ready to stone them, that they are preaching the gospel. Sadly, many are deceived and think they drop controversial statements that do likewise, that they are preaching the gospel. But I've found thus far, that if you treat your audience with respect and love, they'll often listen to you in a quiet and attentive manner.

When I was preaching open-air this week for 3 days at UNC Charlotte, the only angry hecklers I had were a group of Muslim students who shouted me down once. But what did they shout me down over? I preached Jesus Christ was crucified and is the Son of God. That didn't sit well with them. I didn't get shout down because I preached against homosexuality or other major cultural sins... though I did preach against those things.

But if you come with a broken and gentle spirit, instead of a fleshly spirit that screams self, people will often listen to you and actually hear what you are saying, even if you preach a stern message about a just and holy God, who will punish the unrighteous one day in hell everlasting. Whatever you preach, make sure what you preach is the Good News, and is a message that people can actually believe and have hope in.

Anybody can draw an angry crowd by shouting, "God hates fags!" And one can be deceived by such a mob that they must be a preacher of righteousness, because everybody is ready to kill you. Frankly, when I hear somebody preaching like this, even though I am righteous, I am ready to kill that street preacher too. I wouldn't mind "going Old Testament" on a few of these false evangelists.

As Peter said, we are called to proclaim the "excellencies" of Him who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light. When we proclaim the richness of Christ, people will naturally see their poverty, and drawing to Him declare, "Woe is me, I am undone!"

2010/3/26 6:54Profile
osandoval

Re:

semonindex said:

Quote:
My exhortation is preach the gospel to a dying world, and weep over the dying world first.

Amen. The Lord will give us His broken heart over this dying world. On many occasions when I've preached on Hell I have had tears swell up and a weeping voice. Sinners will know that you truly believe what you are preaching, and that you truly care for them when they see that.

2010/3/26 12:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy