SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian leaders urge 'biblical' vote

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christian leaders urge 'biblical' vote

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

A little more than three weeks before the general election, 71 influential evangelical Christian leaders have issued an open letter to the American people urging reliance on biblical values in their selection of candidates.

The letter – which addresses nomination of Supreme Court justices, defense against terrorists, abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research and natural resources – was deemed legal by a qualified adviser because it deals with issues rather than candidates or parties.

However, if the choice is between Republican President Bush and Democratic Sen. John Kerry, the obvious conclusion, unsurprisingly, would be that the president's policies best represent the beliefs of the letter's signatories.

The letter is endorsed by ministry leaders, pastors and Christian professors, including James Dobson and D. James Kennedy.

The evangelical leaders urge pastors and Bible study leaders to teach on "these crucial ethical issues facing our nation."

"We urge all Christians that they have a moral obligation to learn about the candidates’ positions, to be informed, and to vote," the letter says. "We urge all Christians to pray that truthful speech and right conduct on both sides would prevail in this election."

2004/10/10 18:13Profile

Re: Christian leaders urge 'biblical' vote

Greg,

I'm very curious as to where this letter is available to read. I'm also equally curious how "defence against terrorists" and "natural resources" are Biblical issues.

Help me here, maybe it's me, maybe I'm not that smart , but do you think that God would be against the Kyoto protocol's?

God wants us to be stewards of the earth;

"You made him ruler over the works of your hands;

you put everything under his feet;

all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the sea.

O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is Your Name in all the earth".

Ps 8:6-9

The only ones who would NOT want us to join the nations in signing such a baby step as the Kyoto Protocols, would be those vested interests that place more profit over wise stewardship.

God also placed truth, and TELLING the truth high on His list of Biblical attributes. (we've already discussed this in a prior thread)

If a leader has lied on such a significant issue as the cause of war, why should we trust him with anything further?

including the ramifications of the "Patriot Act"?

I must bear witness, I believe that we are in the beginning phases of the apostatized church, an unholy and demonic union between the man of perdition and those who follow him. (I'm really struggling and asking the Lord to help me find the right words to express what He wants me to write)

I cannot believe that there are followers of the Lord Jesus who would lift up the dictates and needs of the powerful to use against the poor of the world.

I believe it because the devil will use whatever tools he can to thwart the Will of God.

But to hear those who claim to know God, parroting the imperatives of those who worship at the feet of power and money, just sickens me.

and at the same time, it thrills me, because one sees prophesy coming to fulfillment.

You KNOW why the Lord took a scourge to the filth that had polluted His Father's House:

"My house will be called a house of prayer, but you are making it a den of robbers"
Mt 21:13b

Its getting so bad within the "evangelical" church in America , I propose that we do like our Moravian brethern and respectfully ask our Dear Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to be Head of the Church.

Greg, I just pray that they, the powers of the air aren't seducing you with all this dross masquarading as "righteousness" , "moral obligation", and "truthful speech".

Dear Jesus, please, save Your church. amen.

2004/10/10 19:35
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, I just pray that they, the powers of the air aren't seducing you with all this dross masquarading as "righteousness" , "moral obligation", and "truthful speech".

The whole idea behind this forum section is not to discuss political issues but spurn prayer for key items that are happening in the world today. I think its of vital importance that there be rules in place that "moral" and "biblical" standards be adhered to by ruling classes in society, American, Canadian, and others. Its something definetly worth praying about.

The full article is here to read:
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40836

I don't think its that profitable to argue about issues you are raising.

2004/10/10 19:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy