SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I love your Christ but I hate your Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

You to brother.

2010/2/26 1:43
Compton

Re:

See, your response is why Christians are the loveliest people I know! Where else can we find another people so willing to consider one another?

Admittedly, with some people, we find ourselves very hard pressed to live up to the standard of Jesus' love. However, in the very least we can affirm that his love is indeed the standard, rather then writing a new standard after our own fashion. In affirming such a standard, we are more likely to keep sight of our own unloveliness; and marveling at his inexplicable unfailing love all the more, we find a scriptural cause to practice grace towards those that vex us. This grace to love is not a faith in people but faith in Christ.

Blessings!

Mike

2010/2/26 9:04Profile
fieldlaborer

Re:

I agree that there is a lot of apostasy in the world today. Many claiming the Christian name with no knowledge of Christ.
One line in your poem,

Quote:
Christians, no one should have a reason to hate us if we live like Christ

is unscriptual I believe.

The bible tells us

John 15:18-19 (KJV)
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1 John 3:11-13 (KJV)
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

This false doctrine of getting the world to love the Christians has done much harm. It tries to get the Church to conform to the world instead of standing for the truth. When we stand for God the world will hate us more than they do now.

I have listened to some of BH Clendennen's sermons near the end of his life. This seemed to be a resounding message of his, that the Church is letting the world in so it will be loved by it. He called it a user friendly church. At the same time we should not hate the lost, but reach out in love, even if they hate us.

From what I read I think your heart is in the right place. Hypocrites do much harm, but don't be deceived into thinking if you completely sell out to God that all of a sudden the world will love you. You may find that they hate you more!

Here is a link to one of the last messages Brother Clendennen spoke, I think it is worth listening to.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7BISS4U3s]An Urgent Message[/url]

2010/2/26 9:48Profile

Re:

Of all the Christians that I know, the called out ones, they are the most loveliest people on the face of the earth.

We say these words, "The problem with the church", remember we are speaking about ourselves. So if someone says that the church is deceived, your saying that your own self is deceived unless you speak about a particular group in a particular place. When speaking generally, we are all included in that assumption, please remember that when we write.

Snuf

2010/2/26 11:12
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I apologize for the use of the word Hate, that is a strong word and should never be used by Christians toward anyone. I do feel remorse for this now that you have shed some like on its implications, I am sorry. I wrote seeing my fellow Christians completely tearing into and being hateful towards other individual that weren't Christians. The common saying that rose from these conversations from the NonChristians was We Love your Christ but hate your Christians that is the reason I places that in the Poem and titled it the way I did. and I understand your comment on Gandhi, Thank you for the correction, I humbly accept it and take it with great joy.

God Bless,
Matthew

Oh dear brother, Thank you for your humility and love in your heart to search your own heart on this. I have made 1000x times more faults then you in these areas. I know what your desire was, to see the church more pure in our generation. Thank you for your humility in saying you were wrong.

I want to be able to do this all the time with other brothers and confess my words were wrong!

May we all grow more like Christ in all holiness and conduct.

2010/2/26 13:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy