SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I love your Christ but I hate your Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

I love your Christ but I hate your Christians

This is a poem I wrote a long while back I thought I would share I hope it blesses you in some way.

God Bless,
Matthew

We love your Christ but dislike your Christians
its like your whole religion just didn't even listen
to the one guy they claim saved their life
But look at you your in chaos with your pain and strife
So what causes people to turn in their grave
If Jesus didn't rise from the dead I'm sure he'd be still turning today
for all these fake Christian who do open heart surgery with their eyes closed
will they be saved Im guessing God only knows
funny thing about a religion of love
its almost like the leader has been disconnected from above
If God sent you a text message would you then believe
or would you only complain about the pesky texting fee
Why do they hate a religion of love are they wrong?
I mean are Christians really loving or are they just playing a bad song
I write these words not to stir up trouble with either side
but in most cases I feel like there is a fine line whether we live or die
wrong and Right which takes the lead
and are you running for Christ one hundred percent full speed
In this world were hate is funny and pain is funny
is it fair to say which side is more sunny
I'll flip the switch just to find out
only to find Christian roaches scurrying about
Why are Christian fake?
My theory is they feel there's to much pain at stake
Christians, no one should have a reason to hate us if we live like Christ
but until we do love people will only see the black and the white
Fellow Christians please quit acting so sad
and if your Fake quit making the rest of us look bad
the full potenitial will never be met if we don't focus
the world won't fix itself with a simple Hocus Pocus
it takes time and money and patience aswell
Don't live in a box because then your sending people straight to hell
by not live out loud and living large for God
You can't live you walk with just a smile and a nod
LIVE UP to your expectations that God gave you
and why don't you try and save a life or two
Sitting and waiting for the world to change isn't going to work
I can tell you now that God's work is going to hurt
But the joy from it really doesn't matter
because its for His glory not for you to have an all you can eat platter
Christ died for you a living sacrifice
doesn't it make sense that you owe him your life?
Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am
that this world isn't fill with nothing but fake Christians
The Blind can't lead the blind
and this is where we are all caught in a bind
we want the glory and the attention
but I'm starting to wonder if you are even listening
There is a lot to harvest but so few workers
Im tired of seeing these half spaces Christian lurkers
This world is our battle field and we need to dominate
but do it with Love so the world has not reason to hate
They love our Christ but hate us Christians
But lets try to flip that and see who actually listens.

2010/2/25 23:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: I love your Christ but I hate your Christians

Quote:
hate your Christians

I want to be 100% honest with you brother. I would have agreed with this poem a few years ago but God has been teaching me I have absolutely no right to "hate" any man Christian or not Christian. Only God is the one that can hate the sinner. Oh that we would be full of bowels of mercies and loving kindness for others. To love all men and esteem all men greater then ourselves.

When God shows that you are just as filthy and wicked in the sight of His Holiness then others then your mind will change also. Oh that we could see ourselves like Isaiah in the temple before God (Isaiah 6:1-5).

2010/2/25 23:52Profile

Re:

i know what your saying brother but do you not think we are making are saviour to look like a failure when we talk as if the christians are walking bad and are nothing different then the world, I believe the Lord works in the christian, but i disagree with the same assumption that ghandi had.

2010/2/25 23:58
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Greg, I was refering to a quote from Gandhi this was written a about a year back but something about it that I like maybe I enjoy looking back at my zeal (not always wise) but zealous for the things of God none the less. I do see the flaws in the poetry but hold to the fact that there is still some meat there if you would like I can edit this to say don't like since that would actually hold truer to the Gandhi quote.

David, my poem was written as a generalization towards those it applied not to all Christianity, I was speaking more the a trend that I saw and didn't like. Jeremiah spoke many times of the failures of Israel but this doesn't take away from the sucess of God.

2010/2/26 0:06Profile

Re:

May i clarify what I was saying, the poem gives the feeling that christians are hypocritical and don't walk what they preach and believe, i think we are neglecting the great work that Christ has done in the believer and speaking as if he is not living in the christian. I know my struggles and weaknesess but i never seen a true believer who i knew knew the Lord have people say that they love Christ but not the christian, Christ has saved them and is living in them, maybe the problem is between true converts and false converts or the working of sanctification from a babe to maturity in which we do sin and fall and not act as we should. I know also that we are nothing without Christ and their is no good thing in us, that we are wicked sinners who can do no good without the grace of God so i don't want to lift us up at all but do you think we are neglecting the work of the holy spirit in a true believer, i am open to here criticism, i know i could be wrong.

2010/2/26 0:09
Compton

Re:

First off the title to this poem is in direct contradiction to scripture.

Quote:
If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 1 John 4:20

Second of all, Christ loves the Christians, and we are not greater then him.

Let's be careful that our strong rebukes, warnings, and prophecies against the church don't simply turn into self-righteous hatred. It is easy to do because we think more of our opinions and evaluations then we have a right to.

If those Christians in India can take a beating from their enemies and not become cynical, then we can suffer those around us who don't live up to our expectations. Yes, their are many dissapointments in the church. But how can we have fellowship with Christ, unless we learn to love those who especially don't deserve it. Where he leads, can we follow?

Blessings,

MC

(edit: Ghandi's statement is referring to a political event in history. To take a statement that was aimed against militaristic British Occupation and then apply it to the context of our fellow Christians in the church seems like a pointless provacation. However, it would be interesting to see if Ghandi would say the same thing today with as much certainty after watching his countrymen beating unarmed Christians in a public street without mercy.)

2010/2/26 0:13Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Very well said, My intent is to address False or fake converts Ones that say "I am saved" but don't act accordingly. You should understand that I have come from a half-gospel backround and really didnt know the difference between geninue Christians and ones that just said they were Christians that maybe where the confusion lies.

2010/2/26 0:16Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I apologize for the use of the word Hate, that is a strong word and should never be used by Christians toward anyone. I do feel remorse for this now that you have shed some like on its implications, I am sorry. I wrote seeing my fellow Christians completely tearing into and being hateful towards other individual that weren't Christians. The common saying that rose from these conversations from the NonChristians was We Love your Christ but hate your Christians that is the reason I places that in the Poem and titled it the way I did. and I understand your comment on Gandhi, Thank you for the correction, I humbly accept it and take it with great joy.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/2/26 0:35Profile

Re:

Hey brother it is okay you clarified it with the false converts. Brother peace to you and blessing. Hey here is a sermon called true gospel by washer, awesome and it is the full gospel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7X24_vOWwU

2010/2/26 1:37
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Since I wrote this (about a year ago) I have been exposed to the full gospel and Love it I will definitely listen to the Paul Washer message, He was the first person that I heard present the Full gospel of Christ in Ten Indictment of the Church. Thank You again and peace to you as well

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/2/26 1:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy