Discussion Forum : General Topics : Racial Mix People and The Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
my husband that says people should only marry their own kind (color). He says that is biblical!!

Hi carly49
It might help us a little more if you were able to tell us where your husband thinks he sees this in the bible. (I can guess, but I would rather hear what he has to say).
Whatever verses he uses has to stand up against this simple revelation; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; (Act 17:26 KJV)

2004/10/11 8:33Profile
Rahman

Re: Racial Mix People and The Bible

Hi carly49 ...

Sounds to me that you and your husband, tho Christian, have retained a bit from your post, and he all, of the racist, and prejudicial views you held prior to your coming to Christ ...

Quote;
"The baby was born light, but now looks like her Dad which is black. She is 8 weeks old. I love her, but don't feel the same closeness to her as I do my white grandaughter. I pray I will in time" ...

Quote;
"my husband that says people should only marry their own kind (color). He says that is biblical!!"

i was guilty of this also for a short while being American African, when i first came to Christ ... i didn't hate all white people per se, just 99.999% of them ... Christ freed me from all that when i finally, really understood, that ALL MEN, regardless of color were created in His image (Gen. 1: 26,27) ... That thru one man (Adam), via our ALL being descended from he and his wife Eve, that sin came into the world, and death thru sin, and it's spiritually apparent that we've all got the same origin in ancestry because we all die (Rom. 5;12) ... Webster's defines "race" in one instance as : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock ... There is no such thing as a white, black, yellow, red, etc. race, there is only the human race of which ALL we humans are a part of ... True we've evolved into different ethnicities, and cultures, but even these give none of us any criteria in which we can castigate one another in light of Rom. 3:23 ... "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" ...

And lastly that God, tho it initially appeared so with His seperation of Jew and Gentile, in the fuller fulfilment of Christ's blood grafting even we gentiles into the branch, is truly not a respecter of persons (Acts 10: 34,35) ... That means if right now some human being came here blue, with pink polka-dots, they'd be no better or worse in God's sight than any other person on the planet, but what would make the difference would be if that polka dotted person chose Christ as they're Saviour, which at that point would make them also a "joint", or equal heir in Christ, just as you and i already are (Rom. 8:17) ... So in light of the fact that Christ said that we saints have to love one another, our neighbors, and our enemies as ourselves, it then leads the saint to question then just who is the orchestrator of making any of us to believe that God has more respect for one person, than he does another ... If it ain't God that's trying to make you and i feel better about our ethnicity than someone elses, then it must be the devil, that original orchestrator of confusion and lies ...

I'm praying with you that our Lord will free both you and your husband from any and all residual racism and predjudices you may still have ... And if there would be any reason that i could see for the races, particularly black and white, not to intermarry, it wouldn't be because God has any problem with it, but society still does ... Society can still make inter-ethnic marriages much more rougher than same ethnicity unions ... even in the Body of Christ ... But the bottom line is this, ethnic hatred/prejudice is a tool of the devil, and should be avoided by ALL saints even if you're the one being discriminated against ... Paul said, "We that are strong (or know better), must bear the infimaties of the weak", all the time praying for such, and treating them with kindness, tho they dispitefully use us ... What we don't want to be as a child of God, is one dispitefully abusing any of our fellows in our human race ... Amen

2004/10/11 13:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy