Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Racial Mix People and The Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
carly49

Ontario

Racial Mix People and The Bible

There is a lot of "Racial Mix People" in the world today. I am white, my daughter is white, but my grandaughter is black. My daughter was always attracted to any other man color but white. She chose black. It took me a long time to accept the fact that my daughter was going to marry a black man, and accept him as my son-in-law. When I did accept, I felt totally different. I love him to pieces. Now 12 years later, my daughter just had her first baby from a different black man. The baby was born light, but now looks like her Dad which is black. She is 8 weeks old. I love her, but don't feel the same closeness to her as I do my white grandaughter. I pray I will in time...course she lives 6 hours away, so I dont see her much.

My husband is against colors intermixing. I feel as long as you can create..it's ok by God as He is the author of all life. He says the bible says we are to marry our own kind..which means color. To me that means we are to marry a human being of the opposite sex.

Pastor Jesse Duplantis states that we are all made from "dirt", white dirt, black dirt, red dirt, yellow dirt and brown dirt. He says "dirt's dirt"!

What does the bible say to you on this subject?

:-D

2004/10/10 13:34Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Racial Mix People and The Bible

Man is noble, yet fallen, to look at man as dirt is a disgrace proving that man also is cruel.
God upgrades man to a level far beyond comprehension in Christ, a royal priesthood.
This must be our point of departure if anything worth taking heed to will come out of a tread of this kind.
Lars W.

2004/10/10 13:47Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Racial Mix People and The Bible

Quote:
Pastor Jesse Duplantis states that we are all made from "dirt", white dirt, black dirt, red dirt, yellow dirt and brown dirt. He says "dirt's dirt"!

Man was indeed formed from the dust but God breathed life into what He formed;

[i]And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.[/i](Genesis 2:7)

The common denominator is not that we are dust, it is that we are all made in the image of God and therefore all human beings deserve love and respect and have tremendous value.

[i]So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.[/i](Genesis 1:27)

Even on fallen man, God places much value and honor, man is very dear to his God, so our fellow man should be also dear to us.

[i]Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.[/i](Genesis 9:6)

In Christ,

Ron

2004/10/10 14:55Profile
carly49

Ontario

Re:

Man is noble, yet fallen, to look at man as dirt is a disgrace proving that man also is cruel.

I believe that you are "misunderstanding" the last portion of my thread on Racial Mix People. Pastor Jesse Duplantis didn't say that man WAS dirt.....NO NO NO..He said that GOD MADE MAN FROM dirt!! which is true. He did not say man was DIRT! Dirt/dust does not make us who we are! Therefore, because the ground has many colors, there are just as many colors of people!

Read the Bible Scripture Below:

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
1 Cor 15:45

*Dust of the ground is the same as dirt!

2004/10/10 15:45Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
I believe that you are "misunderstanding" the last portion of my thread on Racial Mix People. Pastor Jesse Duplantis didn't say that man WAS dirt.....NO NO NO..He said that GOD MADE MAN FROM dirt!! which is true.

Hi Carly,

I think that you too may be misunderstanding what they are trying to say. The common denominator is not dirt, but the image of God. Jesse Duplantis is not someone I would get my theology from :-( .

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/10/10 16:48Profile
carly49

Ontario

Re:

This article has gone off on a tangent. The original question being: Should different colors of people get married eg. black and white. according to the Bible????

2004/10/10 20:05Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

With the exception of my questioning of who you've used to back your position I would disagree.

Ron and Lars have merely attempted to point out that the premise of your argument you use to reach your conclusion is false. While they agree with your conclusion, they disagree with how you came to the same.

The more accurate answer is that all mankind has been created in the image of God. This alone is what gives man his value as opposed to what he is created out of. This makes all men equal regardless of their race (Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.).

The disagreement with the structure of your argument is well within the topic. Lars and Ron are just trying to help you see that there is a better argument that reaches and more firmly establishes your conclusion :-).

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/10/10 20:57Profile
carly49

Ontario

Re:

The more accurate answer is that all mankind has been created in the image of God. This alone is what gives man his value as opposed to what he is created out of. This makes all men equal regardless of their race (Gal 3:28

AMEN!! That is exactly how I feel, the color of race doesn't matter. I said that in the first place! :-D It is my husband that says people should only marry their own kind (color). He says that is biblical!!

2004/10/10 21:29Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Thank you, Jeremy, for sorting out the beginnings. I have a tendency to try say everything in one or two lines.
God begins with a purpose for eternity; takes dust and makes it noble, with beautiful colours and temperaments; brings us together in one new man for this purpose. Why no mixing?
Thank you Carly, for listening to our beginnings.
Lars

2004/10/11 0:45Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Thank you Lars.

And to continue my point. Carly a good argument for you position can be made in this way from Galations:

[i]Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus[/i]

Paul is not saying that these distinctions suddenly cease to exist on the surface (i.e. A Jewish Christian is still a Jew, a White a White, a Black a Black etc...). Rather his argument is such that it leaves no reason for your husband to believe as he does. Paul is saying that all though one is still and Jew and one a Gentile, yet in Christ, these distinctions no longer hold any significance.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/10/11 1:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy